Best Online broker for NRI

As a resident I had an ICICIDirect trading account and was very happy with the website, although the brokerage is very high compared to others. Since my change of status to NRI I am looking for a good online broker.

The effective brokerage for Delivery including taxes & other charges for NRIs come to 1.52% for ICICIDirect while it is 1.09% & 0.56% for HDFC Sec and Sharekhan respectively.

Can anyone please suggest, I've come across numerous complaints regards to Sharekhan & HDFC. How good are both?

DSM

Don't know your portfolio value, but you can save a lot in brokerage charges. I have used ICICI, HDFC in the past - they are a ripoff.

Sharekhan is comparatively better in terms of brokerage. Their charting features are really good. I am using them for positional trades, and don't have any complaints. I use RKSV for regular trading.

Good luck.

As a resident I had an ICICIDirect trading account and was very happy with the website, although the brokerage is very high compared to others. Since my change of status to NRI I am looking for a good online broker.

The effective brokerage for Delivery including taxes & other charges for NRIs come to 1.52% for ICICIDirect while it is 1.09% & 0.56% for HDFC Sec and Sharekhan respectively.

Can anyone please suggest, I've come across numerous complaints regards to Sharekhan & HDFC. How good are both?

Brokerage with Hdfc Securities Ltd for NRI is 0.75% or min Rs. 25 on transaction value, refer link- http://www.hdfcsec.com/FAQ.aspx?docid=201008101155287343750, It provides you a seamless online trading, demat and bank account for online trading.

I checked with HDFC, I was told that account opening charges will be Rs. 4500 for opening PIS trading A/c and another Rs. 4500 for opening Non PIS trading account plus Rs. 250 for F&O. Total Rs. 9250/-, which is very high considering ICICIdirect charging only Rs. 4000 and they have a very easy to fill form. But for HDFC u have to fill the same form twice if u want to open PIS and Non PIS trading account, which is very funny.

@Little Junkie letme help you with the info…
Trading a/c opening charge (one time) is Rs 2,500/- with PIS issuance Fee is Rs 1,000/- and PIS (Portfolio Investment Scheme) a/c: Rs 1,000/- which total sums up to Rs.4500/- ( 2500+1000+1000 = 4500) , No charge for activating F&O facility in trading a/c, wherein Non Pis is termed as your NRI savings Bank a/c.
I would suggest you to check the correct info of opening a NRI savings a/c which is called Non PIS by contacting HDFC Bank.
Cheers..!!