Best Moving Average Strategy - 5 EMA & 20 EMA with 15Min Time Frame

Dear Traderji's,

I would like to share my experience about Moving Averages. 5 EMA & 20 EMA system works out for any time frame(10m, 15m, 1day....etc) with less fake signals. 15Min time frame with 5 EMA & 20 EMA system is best trading strategy for Intraday. It works out best in Range Bound market also.

Share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sekhar

kiran_thiru

Dear Traderji's,

I would like to share my experience about Moving Averages. 5 EMA & 20 EMA system works out for any time frame(10m, 15m, 1day....etc) with less fake signals. 15Min time frame with 5 EMA & 20 EMA system is best trading strategy for Intraday. It works out best in Range Bound market also.

Share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sekhar
yes, it's true. i am also following this. you can trade whenever there is a cross over. but it is difficult to set targets. some times you may loose when ever trend is change but you not change your trade. if you want see my thread & charts. i did not gain because of above problem. if you stick the rule your success ratio is at least 80 %.

DanPickUp

The thread title is absolute rubbish as well as the post by it self is. There is no best MA on what ever.

First: About what MA would you talk any way as there are different kind of MAs. Guess you not even know that.

Second: If you have any idea about MAs, what about mixing the different kind of MAs which each other. Guess you also never heard about that.

Third: MA has to be tested with any system tester from time to time in any time frame and market, as vola changes. As vola changes, MA will show different results. Guess you also never heard about that.

Forth: For range bound markets, MA is useless. Here you have to use other tools. Which one? Guess you never heard about them.

If you want to expand your little knowledge about MA, please read first in the forum the many existing threads about MA before starting such a useless thread about it and if you start again an other one, do never ever again use the words: Best, as this is the most rubbish word to use to explain what ever you want to explain, as no best exist in the trading market.

Good learning

Dear Traderji's,

Share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sekhar
It's ok, soma. Use whatever strategy that suits you. Stick to rules. The losses are basically incurred by the trader on losing his head, rarely due to bad luck.

The above system may not give very frequent signals, but our member kiran_thiru is using a similar system and appears to be satisfied.

Please let us know the results. Meanwhile, you may find the following post useful in guiding you when to use the trend following system :
[

Copy paste from the link provided:

Mr.Edward Revy - ADX+EMA SYSTEM.

I want to share one very good idea with everyone. This is not a trading strategy but a technique to determine which system to use and when. There are many systems available to use some are trend following systems like moving average crossover and some are oscillator based system which utilize indicators such as Stochastic, Rsi and William %R but if all these systems are good then why they work sometimes and sometimes they fail?

The reason is selection of a good system at wrong time.

We can overcome this problem with the use of one simple indicator ADX(14)

The level of ADX can help us to decide which system to use at a given point of time. Now let me explain you how to accomplish this goal.

PLOT ADX(14) ON CHART FOR YOUR CURRENCY PAIR. IF... 1)ADX is below 20 - USE OSCILLATOR BASED SYSTEM(RSI,STOCHASTIC ETC.)

2)ADX is above 30 - USE TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM(MOVING AVERAGE,MACD ETC.)

3)ADX is at 45 or above it - BOOK PROFITS.(Wait for new entry)

4)ADX IS RISING FROM LEVEL BELOW 18 AND THEN GOING ABOVE 23 - USE TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM.

5)ADX DECLINING FROM LEVEL ABOVE 30 AND THEN GOING BELOW 27 - USE OSCILLATOR BASED SYSTEM.

The above mentioned method will help you select right system at right time. This system selection technique works very well according to my experience. I want to tell you again that this technique only helps to select right system at right time and it is not a holy grail.

]

rangarajan

Re: buy at days high & sell at days liw

sir
recently use one strategy in which
BUY when stock cross its days high
SELL when stock cross its days low
because when stock cross its days high or low
it make one high or low again
so enjoy
To elaborate a little more this strategy for day trading,

Look for stocks which break their ONE Hr High/Low
Calculate Fibonacci extn of the one hr H/L & book profits(?)
Most of the time,128% & 138.2% would be reached.
Retracement up to 50% possible & the s/l should be 62%
Add to yr position on retracements for averaging & hence split yr positions suitably to accommodate add ons with available funds.

The success rate is 80-90%
Patience & avoiding Fear & Greed are the keys here.

Last edited:
The thread title is absolute rubbish as well as the post by it self is. There is no best MA on what ever.

First: About what MA would you talk any way as there are different kind of MAs. Guess you not even know that.
:cheers:
Second: If you have any idea about MAs, what about mixing the different kind of MAs which each other. Guess you also never heard about that.

Third: MA has to be tested with any system tester from time to time in any time frame and market, as vola changes. As vola changes, MA will show different results. Guess you also never heard about that.

Forth: For range bound markets, MA is useless. Here you have to use other tools. Which one? Guess you never heard about them.

If you want to expand your little knowledge about MA, please read first in the forum the many existing threads about MA before starting such a useless thread about it and if you start again an other one, do never ever again use the words: Best, as this is the most rubbish word to use to explain what ever you want to explain, as no best exist in the trading market.

Good learning
Dear DanPickUp,

Thanks for your time and consideration.

First of all, let me tell you one thing. Understand my thread with patience.

In my thread, Clearly i mentioned EMA, but you asking me what MA. We combine different MA to reduce noise or false signals.

Yes, MA may not work in Range Bound, but 5EMA & 20EMA system reduced false signals many time. Its my experience. Here you mentioned that we have to use other tools in range bound. If you know, let me know.

tradertushar, timepass & rangarajan shared their experiences.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sekhar

Re: buy at days high & sell at days liw

sir
recently use one strategy in which
BUY when stock cross its days high
SELL when stock cross its days low
because when stock cross its days high or low
it make one high or low again
so enjoy
Dear tradertushar,

Try to use this strategy. Buy when stock price is above day's opening price with a stop loss near to opening price.

Sell when stock price is below day's opening price with a stop loss near to opening price.

Ex:

1) Today TCS opening price-1000/-

buy above 1000/- with a stop loss of 999

If TCS trade below 999/-, then sell below 999/- with a stop loss of 1000/-

2) SBI - 2100 (Today Opening Price)

If now SBI tradng 2098, Sell SBI with a stop loss of 2101

If now SBI tradng 2102, Buy SBI with a stop loss of 2099

Success rate might be 70% to 80% (Assumption only, never tested).

Always keep in mind opening price.

Thanks,
Sekhar

DanPickUp

@Sekhar.

Never mind. It is just: When I see threads which start with a title like: Best of what ever, and then read some thing like this: 15Min time frame with 5 EMA & 20 EMA system is best trading strategy for Intraday, then I really get a bit wild. And this specially when the recommendation then ends with the words: It works out best in Range Bound market also , then I really explode. :lol:

Sorry, but who the hell could write such nonsense in a trading forum under such a title, instead being normal and ask if it makes sense to use those and those EMAs under those and those circumstances and pleases other to share there thoughts?

Now anyway, some have posted some ideas in your thread and that is fine the way they did it. Hope you learned some thing through there post. One way to fine tune any trading system or trading style is to work at the same time with three open charts on your screen. Any normal trading platform will give you that possibility. As you mentioned intraday, on one chart you use f.e the 5 min tf, on the other chart you use the 15 min tf and on the third chart you use the 180 min tf. You chose what ever time frame you like, as there is no best or what so ever. It all depends on your experience and the results you did or will have over the time the way you used it. At begin you have to play around with it and you even can start with the tf given here.

As you now see in front of you those charts, you will have a better overall look at what is going on in the market you trade. Now you use f.e your EMAs on the 15 min tf and and on the other tf you use some different MAs or what ever indicator you like. No sense for me to write down now every detail of that or how I do it, as there are endless combination you can use. What works for me not necessary works with you. Also here: Play around with it and you will find out what you understand and will use. I also had and did most of it in that way, as the final choice and best for me to use not was presented on a silver tablet.

To come to an end: On the smallest tf you time your entries, on the middle tf you define actual day trends, which will allow you to see if the market moves sideways, and the biggest tf is used to see at all the time the whole picture of your market.

Now I wish you good luck and many good trades

DanPickUp

Brill

Sir,

Where can i get Nifty, Banknifty or any other Index intraday chart with 5, 15, 30 and 60 min time frame for last 2 weeks ? can any seniors help. I am using NEST Trader. it gives intraday charts for last 2 weeks for Equities and Options but not Indexes.

Thanks
Brill