Best laptop/desktop for trading

sumantra

What is the best laptop or, desktop for trading purpose ? HP Elitepad,Dell latitude are worth mentioning,but prices are very high.
What specifications are "a must" for a assembling desktop ? i.e. HDD, RAM requirement,UPS,Network Connectivity(Wi-Fi,Bluetooth etc.),MODEM,Network operator(Airtel,BSNL,....) etc.
Can anyone suggest?

DSM

Have used Acer in the past, and found it always to give full value for money. In terms of specs. for money spent, it was the best. I have Dell i5 - two of them, and bought them because I did not like the layout of Acer!! and wanted to try something different. Not happy with both.... Comparing the two, find Acer to be better.... Assembled pc/laptop is recommended only if you can be sure that what is promised is what you get, and are not cheated by second hand or substandard parts in an assembled machine. Having said what I have, my preference for Acer is subjective, and you may find others with contrary experience.

What is the best laptop or, desktop for trading purpose ? HP Elitepad,Dell latitude are worth mentioning,but prices are very high.
What specifications are "a must" for a assembling desktop ? i.e. HDD, RAM requirement,UPS,Network Connectivity(Wi-Fi,Bluetooth etc.),MODEM,Network operator(Airtel,BSNL,....) etc.
Can anyone suggest?

manojborle

I have always used HP and now having 2 HP laptops both are i5 processors.
Trouble free systems.

jahan

Can anyone suggest?
Hello,

before deciding laptop/desktop.... u need to define/know what type of trader ur.....

if ur trading decisions are based on....EOD data(daily charts)...then any basic laptop/desktop is enough.

if ur a swing trader...and ur trading decisions are based on hourly/15min charts...u probably need a good system..which is having double the configration of basic laptop/desktop.

if ur a day trader and using real-time data of 1min/tick then.....u need workstation/workstation capable laptop(i.e from ASUS laptop u won't get it from dealers...need to order it separately).

let me know what type of trader ur.... i will tell u the exact configuration for that purpose.

when comes to power backup its depends upon ur residence location....how frequently the power cuts are there...and for how much time the power cuts...Then depending on ur Devices/computers to be backed up for desired time....u need to select the UPS....see there are some other factors involved while deciding a particular rating of UPS.

Regards,

Hello,
if ur a day trader and using real-time data of 1min/tick then.....u need workstation/workstation capable laptop(i.e from ASUS laptop u won't get it from dealers...need to order it separately).
Regards,
dear jahan,pls explain the above quote means where to order separately? why don't go dealer...bcas i am using 1 min chart in realtime..

happy trading...:thumb:

jahan

dear jahan,pls explain the above quote means where to order separately? why don't go dealer...bcas i am using 1 min chart in realtime..

happy trading...:thumb:
Hello,

if iam right.....i think u confused about the term dealer i used in my sentence....sorry for bad english....

iam talking about the dealer who sell desktops/laptops......iam not talking about the dealer who execute the trading orders on behalf of u....

see....while using 1MIN realtime-data system/computer will need more processing power than basic Computer/system....

Workstation-Computers are specially built for different purposes...like gaming,designing,Animation....which require heavy/many processes at same time..

lets say if ur using more than 50-100 scrips....then u defiantly need a workstation-type PC.

the Major changes in workstation and Basic desktops are.....Processor,type of Ram,Type of HDD and Type of SMPS.

Hope i cleared ur doubts.

Regards,

Hello,

if iam right.....i think u confused about the term dealer i used in my sentence....sorry for bad english...
Regards,
dear jahan , i also thinked dealer means seller of product...,s , where can we ordr for workstation type pc (destop/laptop)
bcas u told we put separate order for it except regular dealer ..so i asking..
hope u understand my question
happy trading...

jahan

dear jahan , i also thinked dealer means seller of product...,s , where can we ordr for workstation type pc (destop/laptop)
bcas u told we put separate order for it except regular dealer ..so i asking..
hope u understand my question
happy trading...
Hello,

yes...ur right....we need to place a Workstation-Pc order. if u go at any dealer/retailer shop and ask for workstation PC they... simply tell " if u want we will arrange in one week or so".he will also ask for advance payment for that particular Pc...as no one maintain the stock of workstation pc's.

if ur high frequency trader..with 1min/tick data of 50-100 scrips or more u need decent configuration..which includes... Intel Haswell Core i7-4770 @ 3.9 GHz...ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 Military grade Mother-Board....8-16 GB DDR3 RAM......120-250 GB Solid State Drive - SATA III(HDD)......Thermaltake Power Supply...Multimonitor Supporting PCI-express graphic Card.....etc.
this config will cost around 90-130 thousand Rupees ...depending on other accessories requirements.

Regards,

mastermind007

Can anyone suggest?
In how many years, will you be ready to write off the machine....