Best Intraday strategy to make consistent profits

Hi Everyone,
I am trading in stock markets from 2011 consistently. Initially I invested 5-6 lakhs without knowing much about markets to do positional trading or investing and double them with in a month and as usually lost everything. I then converted to a day trader than doing positional trading or investing. I tried stocks and options trading. Then I kept on bringing money to trade only to make my account balance empty :( .I tried many methods such as moving average crossovers,trading supports and resistances.I tried many tips providers and lost additional money with their help.
I use Sharekhan tradetiger software to analyze stocks and use 5min interval. I studied many things last 2-3 years but still I want to what is the best strategy for Intraday trading,either it might be options or stocks but purely on intraday basis and how to execute it?
I request all the seniors here to please help me to find a better strategy to make profits or atleast avoid losses on a consistent basis.
I tried trading supports and resistances with the help of divergences, it was good strategy and made good 10% profits consistently on intraday basis for quite some time but these strategies work best in trending markets. Unfortunately in a sideways or range bound markets these strategies don't just suck my money they also suck my confidence.
I didn't use any trading software like amibroker,though I was tempted to give it a try, I didn't want to make another 20-30 K cut in my account for buying the same. Also would like to hear from you if any of you tried Nifty50Charts website and is it worth to give it a try???I know it costs only 550 but the actual thing is if it doesn't work,it will make a huge cut in my original capital. From a heavy trader of 5-6 lakhs , I have come down to 5-10 K. It hurts me like hell but I am planning to take up Intraday trading afresh after testing the best strategies for any market condition. So, I request you to share the strategies,refer me to other posts if I missed or didn't found any(frankly speaking there are so many posts on this thread that I might have missed many worth reading posts,though I tried to cover many posts).
My target is to make 10% profits on an Intraday basis consistently or atleast 1% profit in a single trade so that I can use the margin to make it 10% ;) . It is not mandatory that the strategy you suggest should be able to make 10% profit but any winning strategy would be appreciated and also will be of great help to me. I will try to develop my own strategy too n would check it with you. Also,I don't know if backtesting will ever help coz I feel everyday the markets are afresh and would show you something new and make you learn.

Thanks & Regards,
Akki

imfine

wow akki,

what a man yaar! :clapping: :clapping: salute to your love for trading.

I am on same boat. Lost the capital then pump in more money again to lose it. Recently I tried on ORB on only Tatamotors(equity). Traded with Rs,70000/- and using full leverage ie 2000 shares at a time. I tried this strategy for a month and my return was approx 45%. i got 32000/- as profit. Now it clearly defines that the strategy is good. but.........................

.................. suddenly Indiainfoline changed rules and decreased the limit now i cant trade 2000 shares on 70k. I moved to other brokers who gave limit as before i traded again and guess what I lost the profit and even 10% of my capital.:mad: :mad:

so i came on conclusion that finding a good strategy is not difficult but the important part is to develop the mind set which works as robot and can act flexibly as human (the combination is rare)....

I suggest to you to take break on study ORB strategy i am sure you will love it

IMf

I started with Rs10000 odd and boomed to Rs 50000 within 20 odd days, and then lost all the profit and 30000 extra capital in one or two trade.I was just taking put and call nifty options on guts and feel.Then did some research on technical analysis and now making 50-60% profit on capital low as 6000-8000 from past two months.
My two rules-
1-Learn to accept losses when ur trade goes wrong,hopes and prayers doesn't work here.
2-book small profit and re-enter.

mastermind007

Hi Everyone,
I am trading in stock markets from 2011 consistently. Initially I invested 5-6 lakhs without knowing much about markets to do positional trading or investing and double them with in a month and as usually lost everything. I then converted to a day trader than doing positional trading or investing. I tried stocks and options trading. Then I kept on bringing money to trade only to make my account balance empty :( .I tried many methods such as moving average crossovers,trading supports and resistances.I tried many tips providers and lost additional money with their help.
I use Sharekhan tradetiger software to analyze stocks and use 5min interval. I studied many things last 2-3 years but still I want to what is the best strategy for Intraday trading,either it might be options or stocks but purely on intraday basis and how to execute it?
I request all the seniors here to please help me to find a better strategy to make profits or atleast avoid losses on a consistent basis.
I tried trading supports and resistances with the help of divergences, it was good strategy and made good 10% profits consistently on intraday basis for quite some time but these strategies work best in trending markets. Unfortunately in a sideways or range bound markets these strategies don't just suck my money they also suck my confidence.
I didn't use any trading software like amibroker,though I was tempted to give it a try, I didn't want to make another 20-30 K cut in my account for buying the same. Also would like to hear from you if any of you tried Nifty50Charts website and is it worth to give it a try???I know it costs only 550 but the actual thing is if it doesn't work,it will make a huge cut in my original capital. From a heavy trader of 5-6 lakhs , I have come down to 5-10 K. It hurts me like hell but I am planning to take up Intraday trading afresh after testing the best strategies for any market condition. So, I request you to share the strategies,refer me to other posts if I missed or didn't found any(frankly speaking there are so many posts on this thread that I might have missed many worth reading posts,though I tried to cover many posts).
My target is to make 10% profits on an Intraday basis consistently or atleast 1% profit in a single trade so that I can use the margin to make it 10% ;) . It is not mandatory that the strategy you suggest should be able to make 10% profit but any winning strategy would be appreciated and also will be of great help to me. I will try to develop my own strategy too n would check it with you. Also,I don't know if backtesting will ever help coz I feel everyday the markets are afresh and would show you something new and make you learn.

Thanks & Regards,
Akki

Akki

What is your day job? I hope u r not akki from "Khiladi" fame...

Since this is your very first post on this forum, I can only advice you to start by reading few threads here most notable being "Teach a man to fish" ... .

There are many more, so read and post. After you send 50 posts, your PM will be active. Then send me your email by PM and we'll take it from there.

wow akki,

I am on same boat. Lost the capital then pump in more money again to lose it. Recently I tried on ORB on only Tatamotors(equity). Traded with Rs,70000/- and using full leverage ie 2000 shares at a time. I tried this strategy for a month and my return was approx 45%. i got 32000/- as profit. Now it clearly defines that the strategy is good. but.........................

.................. suddenly Indiainfoline changed rules and decreased the limit now i cant trade 2000 shares on 70k. I moved to other brokers who gave limit as before i traded again and guess what I lost the profit and even 10% of my capital.:mad: :mad:

so i came on conclusion that finding a good strategy is not difficult but the important part is to develop the mind set which works as robot and can act flexibly as human (the combination is rare)....

IMf
Thank you Imfine for replying to my post,its good to see that someone is able to make money after losing it. I love trading more than anything now coz I had breakup about 9 months back and had hard time dealing with it. I dealt with it only with the help of trading and its study. Yes, I studied trading psychology posts and money management posts more than anything and now am no less than a robot while trading :lol: but however I am having hard time in consolidating markets or sideways markets. I just want to make a strategy which can give atleast a minimum amount of profit with good risk:reward. Thanks for your suggestion, I already planned to give ORB a try and will surely give it a try now with your suggestion.
Happy Trading!

I started with Rs10000 odd and boomed to Rs 50000 within 20 odd days, and then lost all the profit and 30000 extra capital in one or two trade.I was just taking put and call nifty options on guts and feel.Then did some research on technical analysis and now making 50-60% profit on capital low as 6000-8000 from past two months.
My two rules-
1-Learn to accept losses when ur trade goes wrong,hopes and prayers doesn't work here.
2-book small profit and re-enter.
Hi rajat bhai,
The points you said are basic steps for an intraday trader and they are the best steps anyone can follow but usually we forget the basics while trading and pay the price for it. I quit if my trade it wrong. The thing with booking small profit is,if I book small profits in 5 trades and loose money in a single trade SL,then it will in in vain,so am checking better ways to deal with it.

Akki

What is your day job? I hope u r not akki from "Khiladi" fame...

Since this is your very first post on this forum, I can only advice you to start by reading few threads here most notable being "Teach a man to fish" ... .

There are many more, so read and post. After you send 50 posts, your PM will be active. Then send me your email by PM and we'll take it from there.
Hi Mastermind bhai,
Yes, I read "Teach a man to fish..." and also have the pdf version with me now. I am not new to this thread,the thing is I am following this forum for quite some time but didn't post anything, I used to follow the posts by others. However, I decided that interaction with other traders is one of the best things to do to re-plan my trading strategies. Hope you will help me. Sure will PM you,awaiting to interact with you.
Thanks for your reply.
Happy Trading !

jagankris

wow akki,

IMf
How come you lost 39,000 rs in ORB (Lost the profit + 10% of your capital) ?
Can you please explain the mistakes that happened in ORB ?
Again why are you recommending to study ORB - as you have already lost significantly ?

deepakkukrety

Hi Everyone,

Thanks & Regards,
Akki

Hi Frnd,

I think trading is all about discipline and overcoming your emotions..we all knw this... I think one shud not set big profit targets initially..Start with bare minimum capital....try trading in 1 or 2 things at a time....I wud suggest Silver and Banknifty since they give nice move during the day..trade in1 lot each in starting..For that u wud need 45 k as margin..choose a broker which offers less brokerage and allow u to transfer funds instantly.. Book small profits and exit... transfer your profits weekly to ur saving account and forget tht and start trading afresh next week..

To achieve this, all you need to do is overcome ur greed...accept losses and don't try to take revenge from market.... remember even if u catch an average move of 50 points in banknifty and 150 points in silver per lot u ll make Rs.2000 per lot per day..tht means 60k per month and 7.2 lacs per annum...Just an example but thts the power of compounding....

trump

Well looks gud on theory and on paper trades. But real time its all a diff game.First u need a workable setup with positive expectancy. Then u think of lots and ponts.Take it from me ur workable setup will onlyhv minimal edge if atll, but you hv to leverage it.Do you know even same strategy with a different time frame gives diff result.And a right tf for intraday trading is not easy.it takes yrs for traders to realise this.all the best and be nimble from the start.its a marathon.u need to be careful.