Best Broker for option writing.

I want to sell options by using hedging techniques. I am looking for broker who is the best in terms of 1. Brokerage rate. 2. Provides good ex poser to carry to hedged position over a long time. Suppose I sell Nifty 5400 call and 5000 put. Margin requirement should be minimum. But in India Infoline they are charging Margin for both contract separately. Say 20k for call and 20K for put. Pl. suggest name for good broker for this?
regards.

meena07

hi Shubh,

you are not going for covered calls/puts. You are going for naked puts ans calls.Obviously you will be charged separately for both.

TradeRaid

I want to sell options by using hedging techniques. I am looking for broker who is the best in terms of 1. Brokerage rate. 2. Provides good ex poser to carry to hedged position over a long time. Suppose I sell Nifty 5400 call and 5000 put. Margin requirement should be minimum. But in India Infoline they are charging Margin for both contract separately. Say 20k for call and 20K for put. Pl. suggest name for good broker for this?
regards.
For a position as mentioned by you, the SPAN will go down a bit, but just a bit!!
Instead of the 20k, 20k for each of the position, you would probably be blocked, 16k each... I have checked PC-SPAN and it works similarly on NOW provided by Zerodha... If you write options that hedge each other more closely, the margin requirement typically reduces... Time to say bye bye to India infoline.. Was using them long back, expensive, no understanding of options and the worst customer support..;)...

For a position as mentioned by you, the SPAN will go down a bit, but just a bit!!
Instead of the 20k, 20k for each of the position, you would probably be blocked, 16k each... I have checked PC-SPAN and it works similarly on NOW provided by Zerodha... If you write options that hedge each other more closely, the margin requirement typically reduces... Time to say bye bye to India infoline.. Was using them long back, expensive, no understanding of options and the worst customer support..;)...
Can you please explain about this SPAN margin