Best Books on Technical Analysis.

Which is the Best book on Technical Analysis?

• Technical Analysis From A to Z by Stephen Achelis.

Votes: 23 16.5%
  • Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns by Thomas N. Bulkowski.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • New Trading Systems and Methods, Fourth Edition by Perry J. Kaufman.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Edwards & Magee.

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John Murphy.

Votes: 41 29.5%
  • Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits by R Schabacker.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques by Steve Nison.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • A Complete Guide to Technical Trading Tactics by John Person.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Martin Pring's Introduction to Technical Analysisby Martin Pring

Votes: 16 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI friends,

I just want to know

Which is the Best book on Technical Analysis?

Dont just give your vote Please explain why?
Your views, suggestion, Etc

Regards,
Luckytrader

T. A of Stock Trends-by Edwards & Magee

It is very interesting... I have read it once.
I think its a good book.

What are your views?
Experts/Seniors Please Vote.

oxusmorouz

Well, I recently purchased a book called "Evidence Based Technical Analysis" (Thank you CV for recommending it) and it has changed my idea of price action,indicators,patterns etc completely. To what extent I am educated enough to write a review is questionable but anyway, here it goes:
Unlike the books you have mentioned above, it does not try to explain a trading system or try to detail if the market is "bullish" or "bearish" nor does it give any specific trading idea. The following areas are covered by the book:
---> Questioning the authority of subjective technical analysis (which includes EWs,Patterns and anything which can't be backtested, for want of evidence and serverly lacking statistical literacy)
---> An insight into theories of price motion (which I felt was the best part of the book)
---> An explanation of data mining bias (and not to mention the other biases explained eloberately)
The book concludes by testing 6400 strategies in an attempt to prove the predictive ability of technical analysis and disprove the random walk of EMH by earning a risk adjusted rate of return greater than the benchmark.

An excellent read and truly a book worth admiration. The bibliography alone went for 50pages!

Last edited:
Well, I recently purchased a book called "Evidence Based Technical Analysis" (Thank you CV for recommending it) and it has changed my idea of price action,indicators,patterns etc completely. To what extent I am educated enough to write a review is questionable but anyway, here it goes:
Unlike the books you have mentioned above, it does not try to explain a trading system or try to detail if the market is "bullish" or "bearish" nor does it give any specific trading idea. The following areas are covered by the book:
---> Questioning the authority of subjective technical analysis (which includes EWs,Patterns and anything which can't be backtested, for want of evidence and serverly lacking statistical literacy)
---> An insight into theories of price motion (which I felt was the best part of the book)
---> An explanation of data mining bias (and not to mention the other biases explained eloberately)
The book concludes by testing 6400 strategies in an attempt to prove the predictive ability of technical analysis and disprove the random walk of EMH by earning a risk adjusted rate of return greater than the benchmark.

An excellent read and truly a book worth admiration. The bibliography alone went for 50pages!
Thanks oxy for that reco..

Thanks @oxusmorouz for the recommendation...

Subrata Bera.

Status
Not open for further replies.