Best book on price action patterns trading?

Mr.G

Most of you know me as "The Fund Manager" I am a fundamental analyst and investor. I want to learn TA. I wanted to which book is the bible of pattern trading. Like security analysis is for fundamental analysis.

Most of you know me as "The Fund Manager" I am a fundamental analyst and investor. I want to learn TA. I wanted to which book is the bible of pattern trading. Like security analysis is for fundamental analysis.
oh you are a fund manger great to meet u sir...why u want to study TA you are an investor too great how much is your cap sir:confused:

Mr.G

oh you are a fund manger great to meet u sir...why u want to study TA you are an investor too great how much is your cap sir:confused:
I want to learn TA. Its been a long time I have been voicing against TA in this forum, Whats wrong in learning something new? Knowledge is the only thing humans are after.

Never ask a woman her age and a trader/investor his capital amount.

I want to learn TA. Its been a long time I have been voicing against TA in this forum, Whats wrong in learning something new? Knowledge is the only thing humans are after.

But have you convinced yourself that trading can be profitable ? Else you will be wasting your time and efforts in learning something which you considered worthless so far. And you will need 3 years to become profitable trader. Just by learning patters no one becomes a good trader.

Unless one is passionate about trading there are very little chances that he will make it as a trader.

Smart_trade

Mr.G

But have you convinced yourself that trading can be profitable ? Else you will be wasting your time and efforts in learning something which you considered worthless so far. And you will need 3 years to become profitable trader. Just by learning patters no one becomes a good trader.

Unless one is passionate about trading there are very little chances that he will make it as a trader.

Smart_trade
I'll tell you sir, Iv never written this here ever before. I came into the market thinking that I would become a trader. Sitting infront of 4 monitors looking at charts moving, abusing my broker on the phone. Sitting at home or on a beach and still make money. There is a reason that I have basic knowledge of TA aswell is the fact that it was a TA book that I first picked up, Not an FA one.

I have always been passionate to become a trader, think why did I join a trading forum in the first place? But then I discovered FA and the gift it gave me. The magic of reading balance sheet, P&L statements like a boss, then buying that stock. And the feeling of owning a company. And watching that stock shoot up from the price I bought it. The joy of receiving dividends from MY company.

I love everything about the markets. I feel as if the traders are warriors who go into battle everyday and win some meat for themselves. And the investors and fund managers are warlords. They dont fight themselves but look at the bigger picture, They dont win the battle but the war.

I love everything the market has to offer. I love being surrounded by tickers moving. Companies & corporates, fortunes being made and lost.

I can confidently say that YES I am passionate, whether its become a trader or investor or both. I wrote everything with my heart. Hope you now understand.

DSM

Mr. G,

Good to have an open mind. Understanding broad chart patterns in your case will help you to manage your portfolio better.

In any case, Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Robert D. Edwards and John Magee is the Technician's Bible.

Also suggest :

Dow Theory for the 21st Century: Technical Indicators for Improving Your Investment Results by Jack Schannep

Elliott Wave Principle: Key to Market Behavior by A. J. Frost and Robert R. Prechter

Good luck.