Best and profitable EMA crossover alongwith timeframe

Hai seniors and experts ,
Can anyone guide me about best and profitable EMA crossover alongwith timeframe to be used , which works 70%-80% times .
Thanks a lot in advance.

arsh22g

Can anyone guide me about best and profitable EMA crossover alongwith timeframe to be used , which works 70%-80% times .
Thanks a lot in advance.
I tried many EMA combinations on different TFs, for Nifty and Crude, but nothing works 70-80%. You will find 40-50% accuracy, but winners run longer than losers, so net result is profit.

Try EMA(13) and EMA(33) crossover for Crude on 1 hour.

and

EMA(124) and EMA(1240) crossover for Nifty on 1 min.

Both are swing positions, couldn't find any naked crossover to work intra day.

Mercedes

Thanks a lot in advance.
70-80 % success......
BTY Do let me know if you find any system. I am also comfortable with 50-60% success rate......:D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I tried many EMA combinations on different TFs, for Nifty and Crude, but nothing works 70-80%. You will find 40-50% accuracy, but winners run longer than losers, so net result is profit.

Try EMA(13) and EMA(33) crossover for Crude on 1 hour.

and

EMA(124) and EMA(1240) crossover for Nifty on 1 min.

Both are swing positions, couldn't find any naked crossover to work intra day.
Any code with 70% success is MIND BOGGLING. That strategy would mean life time of holidays and Filthy Riches. 40% is a sufficient bread winner.

Its the greed which takes over the simple thought of satisfaction. Traders keep testing and trying to find a super successful AFL and forgetting the other codes which still work fairly decent.
Enjoy what you already Have in hand.
the above was quoted by amitrandive ji.

"I was sincerely hoping filthy riches with 70% accuracy and both of u shattered my hopes :annoyed: :( "

the above will be the reaction of .... . :D

suri112000

Thanks a lot in advance.
I am referring Red coloured words.

First of all, decide which of the following you want.

1. Want to be right 70% of the time. you could be right 70% of the time, but there is no guarantee to make profit cumulatively as Risk Reward could be pathetic.

2. Want to make profit. This should be the goal of any trader. One should not strive to be right in trading decisions but should be profitable at the end.
Most of the profitable systems have success ratio between 30 and 50%. To trade such system, one should have deep pockets to withstand drawdowns and continuous losses. In the end you will make profits even if the strike rate is not good enough because its RR is favourable.

arsh22g

the above was quoted by amitrandive ji.

"I was sincerely hoping filthy riches with 70% accuracy and both of u shattered my hopes :annoyed: :( "

the above will be the reaction of .... . :D
Well, you can always design a super low risky strategy with 70% success rate, but ROC will be too low for trading. :D

It's a trade-off between success and ROC. If you are a fund manager, both matter as your return is adjusted by risk. If you are a day trader, ROC is more important. Strategy success rate is immaterial if your ROC is great.

Spatial arb and Statistical arb can have close to 100% hit rate, but ROC can be <0.5%. Need a lot of capital churn (getting in and out) at high frequency to manage any meaningful returns.