Best and cheapest way to transfer money to UK from India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i would like to know the cheapest mode to transfer money from india to uk, please don't suggest paypal or western union. i felt they are not really cheap at all. How about electronic transfer? And which bank charges less? how about axis bank? which bank charges less among these : HDFC, SBH or AXIS?

please give more details rather than single word answers.

P.S.: Even though this is not the appropriate site to post this question, i am posting in general forums as i feel that many people might have knowledge about transferring money as people do trading business also so please help me out with best suggestions from your experience or your knowledge.

Regards,
Maddy.

rajeabc

Hi, i would like to know the cheapest mode to transfer money from india to uk, please don't suggest paypal or western union. i felt they are not really cheap at all. How about electronic transfer? And which bank charges less? how about axis bank? which bank charges less among these : HDFC, SBH or AXIS?

please give more details rather than single word answers.

P.S.: Even though this is not the appropriate site to post this question, i am posting in general forums as i feel that many people might have knowledge about transferring money as people do trading business also so please help me out with best suggestions from your experience or your knowledge.

Regards,
Maddy.
Best and leagal way is to use any remittance service. you can try ICICI Bank...money will get credited in yoru a/c in 2-3 working days.......... rate would less around .75-.80 from market rate (service charge etc).

Best way to make max is...find your friend who need money in UK.. give GBP to your friend and take money in India..you can saving all transaction charges +2(to3 rs) more on per GBP..

there are many remittance services in online from abroad to india but i don't know if there are any online services from india. How about axis bank how much do they charge?

rajeabc

there are many remittance services in online from abroad to india but i don't know if there are any online services from india. How about axis bank how much do they charge?
what do you mean by "online service in India"...
As I know.. SBI charges are minimum but ICICI credit money faster and services is good.
you can transfer money to their a/c online and then 1-2 days money will be credited in your India a/c...

i am talking about online services from india to abroad, there are many services from abroad to india. even i too know about them but i want to know which bank charges less to transfer money from india to abroad

rajeabc

i am talking about online services from india to abroad, there are many services from abroad to india. even i too know about them but i want to know which bank charges less to transfer money from india to abroad
There will not be much difference between charges of different banks(not talking about WU..)..

You will have to bear the transaction charges on forex brokerage and extras..
You can get a banker draft drawn in GBP payable at UK(city)...
Or as I had mentioned in previous msg .. Find a friend who need money in India... give him money in India and take GBP in UK..This is best way to make max money..
But it looks like you want to transfer money without paying any charges..

Status
Not open for further replies.