Best 3G data card

shri_r3

1) Huawei E303c datacard. Around Rs 1700 in flipkart.

2) Micromax MMX 353g - Around Rs 1400

I have purchased both from flipkart. Huawei last year and last month micromax for cousin. Both are good and both support voice call from modem. Good speed and auto config in both.

Cheers.

VJAY

1) Huawei E303c datacard. Around Rs 1700 in flipkart.

2) Micromax MMX 353g - Around Rs 1400

I have purchased both from flipkart. Huawei last year and last month micromax for cousin. Both are good and both support voice call from modem. Good speed and auto config in both.

Cheers.
Dear shri,
Thanks for sharing the info...Is micromax device supports all providers SIM?also it support 2G too ?How was its performance?any disconnections happen?

RDutt

Kindly tell which specifications need to be kept in mind while buying a new Data Card because there are many kind and type are available from 3.2 to 7.2 to 21.? speed capability etc.

narayan78

Rdutt bhai,

Higher the speed will be better. Also check with Internet service provider for the Speed which he is giving.

I heard the service providers giving speed upto 7.2 Mbps. ( I am not sure about this, Because broadband itself Retail users or home users commonly use 2mbps or 4mbps)

If you are more concerned about the speed go to the nearby showrooms, ask for a demo and check with speed of the internet with websites like speedtest.net.
(this test is to ensure how max speed a serivice provider is giving)

After confirming the speed buy the data card.

Note:- Service providers are tricky they will make you buy POSTPAID data card ---these data cards won't take SIM from other service providers, U have to stick with only one service provider. That takes away your freedom.

shri_r3

Dear shri,
Thanks for sharing the info...Is micromax device supports all providers SIM?also it support 2G too ?How was its performance?any disconnections happen?
Yes Vjay its unlocked datacard. It supports all gsm sims. Its auto configured which means it automatically switches to 2g or 3g depending upon signal strength and 3g availability in that city or location.

Performance so far is good. Ive only tested tata docomo 95 rs gprs pack and rs 250 1gb 3g pack. Both 2g and 3g speeds were slow for tata docomo sim. Dont know about others.
About connection sometimes it does not connect on a single try , it however connects after 3-4 attempts. Once connected no disconnections. Micromax has most of GSM providers config inbuilt. You can add or modify later.

Hope this helps.:)

shri_r3

Kindly tell which specifications need to be kept in mind while buying a new Data Card because there are many kind and type are available from 3.2 to 7.2 to 21.? speed capability etc.
Honestly speaking only modems hardware have 7.2 or 21 mbps speed capacity. In reality no service provider achieves even close to 3.1 mbps be it airtel, tata or bsnl etc. Just fancy no. Practically even 1.2 mbps constant speed is decent.

Einstein

Those traders who are using datacard should consider switching to broadband. WHY??

In trading day the most important thing is data response time rather then Internet speed itself.

For example, general internet browsing, under 200ms to most parts of the world is usually good (under 100ms if the server is in your own country).

200-400 is adequate, depending on how far away the server is, and how many nodes data has to go thru to get there (eg, other side of the world).

400+ ms is really quite bad, but the internet will still function, it will just seem a bit sluggish.

For most online gaming, aim for ~120ms or less (local servers in your own country are usually the best). LAN gaming should be below 50ms easily.

When I tried a dongle from a friend on my computer the response time was 450 ms. which is not good for intraday trading at all.

So try to stay away from dongle, and use broadband connections if possible in your area.

you can check your response time by initiating PING WWW.GOOGLE.COM and TTL will be your response time.