Beginner--Should I do trade online or use a Stock broker??

I'm starting out at investing. What do you guys recommend? Should I trade online alone by using online trading firms like Sharekhan or should I go with a stock broker? Also, in case of stock brokers, will I be spending more in brokerage or would it be worth having an advisor?

Either way ure gonna have to get a broker wether u trade online or offline.. Also since ure really new lol.. I can tell by the question U asked.. Ure better of trading with people like Zerodha... Cos they seem to be better than other brokers especially when it comes to brokerage etc...

The basic thing is even when u trade online ure trading online through an online broker.

Thanks for the reply Kaay1986. I understand I'll be using a broker even when I am using an online website.

What i was referring to was using a sub-broker, like a Sharekhan business partner. In such a case, in addition to the brokerage charged by sharekhan, would the business partner also be charging brokerage? Can anyone give me more info regarding this?

Thanks for the reply Kaay1986. I understand I'll be using a broker even when I am using an online website.

What i was referring to was using a sub-broker, like a Sharekhan business partner. In such a case, in addition to the brokerage charged by sharekhan, would the business partner also be charging brokerage? Can anyone give me more info regarding this?
First of all u decide what do u want.....full time trader...or a sub broker...both u can't do......then we will help u...tc:thumb:

pundit

Go for Zerodha, here you will be an independent online trader and also get some part of brokerage of referred friends thats too without investing any thing.

For sub-brokership you need to need to invest money, need to have space and also it needs qualify ncfm exam.

I'm starting out at investing. What do you guys recommend? Should I trade online alone by using online trading firms like Sharekhan or should I go with a stock broker? Also, in case of stock brokers, will I be spending more in brokerage or would it be worth having an advisor?
you shud definitely trade under a broker at least for 4 to 5 months with ur activ participation wid dem. Know the basic and important things. After that u can com to online tradin...

rvm123

In online trading, you can see the rates at which a scrip can be sold or purchased (just like vegetable in vegetable market). even with a difference of Rs.0.05, u can buy and sell. whereas if u buy thro' a broker, you have to quote the rate and wait for the order to mature. So you can open an account with someone like Sharekhan, etc., use their software and order online. Only constraint is during trade hours, u shd be in a position to order. That is, if u r working somewhere, during 9.00 to 15.45 hours, u may not be in a position to trade online