becoming a big loser ... plz help.. plzzz

manishchan

For last 1 week I am strangly losing in intraday.. i had rmoney before and the same setup was working good. I changed to zerodha to save brokerage and hav been having a continuous loosing streak. I apply same methods, same set up but looks like every single move goes aginst me. Does zerodha do a counter trade based on my acvount ???
I am unabke to figure out the reason.. i never ever hv such a continuous losses before..and now i hv lost about 30 % of my capital... just in one week :(:( every move i make just goes against... falling stock suddenly goes up when i short nd moves down when long... i see no indicators showing dt possibilty before i enter the trade..... ny hepl comment plzzzzzz ...i am geeting so frustrated wid as it just doesnt seem to stop..

For last 1 week I am strangly losing in intraday.. i had rmoney before and the same setup was working good. I changed to zerodha to save brokerage and hav been having a continuous loosing streak. I apply same methods, same set up but looks like every single move goes aginst me. Does zerodha do a counter trade based on my acvount ???
I am unabke to figure out the reason.. i never ever hv such a continuous losses before..and now i hv lost about 30 % of my capital... just in one week :(:( every move i make just goes against... falling stock suddenly goes up when i short nd moves down when long... i see no indicators showing dt possibilty before i enter the trade..... ny hepl comment plzzzzzz ...i am geeting so frustrated wid as it just doesnt seem to stop..
Zerodha has no role to play in your losses. 30 % in 1 week is very large loss.Are you keeping strict stops and risking amounts based on your trading capital ? Last 1 week, there were 1-2 sideways days but there were also some very good trending days for daytraders. Make sure that you are not overtrading.

Wishing good luck for you.

Smart_trade

suri112000

It seems you are struck in revenge/over trading. 6% of the account we may loose in a month. Once that limit touches we need to shut the doors for the month.

Shut the trading for time being may be for 1 or 2 months. Analyse the pitfalls.

arjundas

Zerodha has no role to play in your losses. 30 % in 1 week is very large loss.Are you keeping strict stops and risking amounts based on your trading capital ? Last 1 week, there were 1-2 sideways days but there were also some very good trending days for daytraders. Make sure that you are not overtrading.

Wishing good luck for you.

Smart_trade
ST...you please dont say that...here i have lost more than that...in a day....hope u wud be remembering my trading diary... suggest some better Money management plans.......

ST...you please dont say that...here i have lost more than that...in a day....hope u wud be remembering my trading diary... suggest some better Money management plans.......
Yes ,I have read you loosing 40 % of your capital in just 1 trade while you were chatting with friends ....but loosing 30-40 % is way too much if one is trading as a business....

First principle of any good MM is " Play a great defense when things are going against us.....time to play aggressively is when one is on winning trades."

Winning 40% and loosing 40 % quickly is a kind of roller coaster ride....if one can handle that psychologically, then good .....

Smart_trade

manishchan

Thanks All for ur kind response.I think you guys are right. I looked back at all the trades done and have reazied that I made terribly bad decisions. Most of the money lost were becoz I recognized the trend incorrectly and most of them went against the market trend. And yes after the first big loss I went into revenge mode... I guess I learnt my lessons and paid a heavy price. I am going to start fresh this week....

Thanks againg ! Cheerss !

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Thanks All for ur kind response.I think you guys are right. I looked back at all the trades done and have reazied that I made terribly bad decisions. Most of the money lost were becoz I recognized the trend incorrectly and most of them went against the market trend. And yes after the first big loss I went into revenge mode... I guess I learnt my lessons and paid a heavy price. I am going to start fresh this week....

Thanks againg ! Cheerss !
Best wishes manish ...:thumb:

manishchan

and I am back to the normal.. my overall trades for the week ends in good green. :clapping:
Thanks again everyone and Thanks TJ for such a great forum which lets me flush out my emotional bits and also gets me great advices.... :thumb: Haapy Weekend !!!

manishchan

one wrong decision nd the entire last 7 seven days profit goes to Mr. Market's pocket.. what a bloodbath on my tracker today :(:(