Beautiful Quote

Peter Lynch

• The person that turns over the most rocks wins the game. And that's always been my philosophy.

• The key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them.

• I think you have to learn that there's a company behind every stock, and that there's only one real reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.

• In this business if you're good, you're right six times out of ten. You're never going to be right nine times out of ten.

• You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don't understand that's going to happen, then you're not ready, you won't do well in the markets.

• When stocks are attractive, you buy them. Sure, they can go lower. I've bought stocks at $12 that went to $2, but then they later went to $30. You just don't know when you can find the bottom.

• I've found that when the market's going down and you buy funds wisely, at some point in the future you will be happy. You won't get there by reading 'Now is the time to buy.'

• Go for a business that any idiot can run - because sooner or later, any idiot probably is going to run it.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

Warren Buffett

• Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.
  • Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.
  • We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.
  • Why not invest your assets in the companies you really like? As Mae West said, "Too much of a good thing can be wonderful".
  • Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it's not going to get the business.
  • Our favourite holding period is forever.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar

nkpanjiyar said:
Peter Lynch

• The person that turns over the most rocks wins the game. And that's always been my philosophy.

• The key to making money in stocks is not to get scared out of them.

• I think you have to learn that there's a company behind every stock, and that there's only one real reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.

• In this business if you're good, you're right six times out of ten. You're never going to be right nine times out of ten.

• You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don't understand that's going to happen, then you're not ready, you won't do well in the markets.

• When stocks are attractive, you buy them. Sure, they can go lower. I've bought stocks at $12 that went to $2, but then they later went to $30. You just don't know when you can find the bottom.

• I've found that when the market's going down and you buy funds wisely, at some point in the future you will be happy. You won't get there by reading 'Now is the time to buy.'

• Go for a business that any idiot can run - because sooner or later, any idiot probably is going to run it.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Dear NK,
Reading what you have attributed to Peter Lynch makes me feel so much better. Even great traders have had the same apprehensions and and have made the same mistakes that I have.....and yet have gone on to become multi millionaires....
Thanks a ton for the posting
Jaspal

coljaspal said:
Dear NK,
Reading what you have attributed to Peter Lynch makes me feel so much better. Even great traders have had the same apprehensions and and have made the same mistakes that I have.....and yet have gone on to become multi millionaires....
Thanks a ton for the posting
Jaspal
Thanks Col Jaspal.

Milton Friedman

• The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.
  • Nobody spends somebody else's money as carefully as he spends his own. Nobody uses somebody else's resources as carefully as he uses his own. So if you want efficiency and effectiveness, if you want knowledge to be properly utilized, you have to do it through the means of private property.
  • The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.
  • My major problem with the world is a problem of scarcity in the midst of plenty ... of people starving while there are unused resources ... people having skills which are not being used.
  • The most important ways in which I think the Internet will affect the big issue is that it will make it more difficult for government to collect taxes.
  • The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people.