Be Consistent Trader

hmp

Yes Dear Arora ji,pl. carry on.I am & many of us like me are the silent admirer of this selfless helping thread.Thanks for your efforts.
Regards

arora

Sorry for late updates, Due to personal life busy schedule

Today let's talk about tricks to reducing slippage in trading.
Trick which i am going to share may be very common . lots of other are already may be using it and there will be nothing new in this.

To reduce slippage , I don't like to waste my time entering transaction password every time not even for my first trade of day.

First of all m using nest trader, So on nest trader after log in if we enter transaction password for one trade. It doesn't ask for every trade. not sure about other terminals as never used any other.

So to avoid entering transaction password time for even first trade also. I log in in my terminal before 9:15 am . and i place first trade (which will get rejected as markeet is not open for trading) on liquid bees or any other future.

So with this trick , nest trader takes i have already placed my first trade. after log in . and doesn't ask for password when i place real trade in market timings.

If log in , my terminal during market hours , than after log in , i straight away place one fake trade. Like for example right now if banknifty future right now at 13:00PM is trading at 18426 and i logged in now....after log in i place my SL M buy order at 18700 and than straight away cancel that order from order book. So this way nest trader reads i have already placed my first order after log in . but in reality its not real trade its trade to avoid entering transaction password when my real trade will come and i will save on slippage.

Easy but effective. save few seconds of transaction password entering time and save lot on slippage.

If you are using any other terminal like odin or any other. please contribute

Last edited:

lemondew

Unless you are using bracket orders use now instead of nest. If while trading due to loss of connection or for some reason you have to restart nest trader. It takes 5- 8 mins to force close nest trader restart and then hit passwords. Nest traders takes a min to load. Now starts in a few seconds and hangs less as well..

Trick which i am going to share may be very common . lots of other are already may be using it and there will be nothing new in this.

To reduce slippage , I don't like to waste my time entering transaction password every time not even for my first trade of day.

First of all m using nest trader, So on nest trader after log in if we enter transaction password for one trade. It doesn't ask for every trade. not sure about other terminals as never used any other.

So to avoid entering transaction password time for even first trade also. I log in in my terminal before 9:15 am . and i place first trade (which will get rejected as markeet is not open for trading) on liquid bees or any other future.

So with this trick , nest trader takes i have already placed my first trade. after log in . and doesn't ask for password when i place real trade in market timings.

If log in , my terminal during market hours , than after log in , i straight away place one fake trade. Like for example right now if banknifty future right now at 13:00PM is trading at 18426 and i logged in now....after log in i place my SL M buy order at 18700 and than straight away cancel that order from order book. So this way nest trader reads i have already placed my first order after log in . but in reality its not real trade its trade to avoid entering transaction password when my real trade will come and i will save on slippage.

Easy but effective. save few seconds of transaction password entering time and save lot on slippage.

jagankris

Unless you are using bracket orders use now instead of nest. If while trading due to loss of connection or for some reason you have to restart nest trader. It takes 5- 8 mins to force close nest trader restart and then hit passwords. Nest traders takes a min to load. Now starts in a few seconds and hangs less as well..
Yes NOW is directly connected to the NSE server unlike NEST Trader which connects to Broker's server and then to the NSE.

Which means that the broker can trade against our orders as well and hence the reason for more slippage ?

amitrandive

Consistency is boring

http://forums.babypips.com/forextow...g-well-enjoy-while-you-can.html#ixzz3awZ1vxoV

The vast majority of you might still jumping from system to sytem. Still figuring out what are you doing wrong. When you finally do it you'll beat yourself.

Anyway, once you cross the barrier things will be different. Not what you are expecting. I am not joking, it is really boring. Consistency is boring because is the only thing you will do. I really miss the days when I could not make a gain. So now I am patiently growin capital and is a dam slow process.

I guess is the price I must pay for making money just like that.

Relish

Odin need only login password & daily SMS to enter in terminal No password for entering trade. Just click & order entered

Hi Arora,

Thanks for sharing this. I used to do the same thing while using Now/Nest. I prefer Now over Nest because of speed. I choose a stock from my Market watch and place an order for very less price say if the stock is trading at 500, I would place a buy order at 100 or so.It works for both pre-market and open market because the order won't be executed. This way, I can skip transaction password for next orders and if the order is executed I will be more than happy ;)

I am using Zerodha Pi now and there is an option in the settings to remove the transaction password option so whenever you trade it won't ask you for Transaction password. Hope it helps for PI users because it was annoying to me while using Pi before this option was introduced.

Happy Trading! :thumb:

Raghuveer

I choose a stock from my Market watch and place an order for very less price say if the stock is trading at 500, I would place a buy order at 100 or so.
Placing an order outside of certain limits will freeze the order and locks up the corresponding trading capital.
I have seen this happen when accidentally placed a order very far from CMP. Unfreezing can take several hours.