Be careful while buying Market data provider data feed

oxusmorouz

Today came a big surprise from MDP, validity extended for all clients (NSE + MCX) for another three more months.

ABSOLUTELY FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE data.

they paid us back more then what we paid them, so be careful while buying data from MDP.
Value for money?

Last edited:
i completely agree with u. they r damn rude n think they know everything and their customers r idiots . according to them its always the customers fault and everything is great at their end.
and whoever over here says tht mdp is better than esignal.com needs to have their heads examined.

anyone thinking to buy mdp should be really careful for three reasons
1)their data is inconsistent ,not accurate.The intraday and eod charts often show huge volume divergence.
2)their staff is more on the arrogant side and hardly any helpful.May be cause they are all Americans and think of Indians as dumb villagers.
3) this is the most preposterous company I have seen ever in my life.I tell u why.A few months back I had started using real time data and was using MEtastock with Quotecenter.Its cost per month is (13$5-data +100$ software +20$ nse charges)=$255 per month.Since i am a beginner This monthly expense was a a bit on the higher side.So I decided to use the mdp trial account.Their feed is not fully compatible with the METAstock.Because charts with daily periodicity do not update real time and intradya charts when update (every second or two),they make the whole screen blink.Which is absolutely not desirable.So their support told me to use amibroker .While on the trial period itself I made a huge effort to learn the amibroker software and convert My metastock custom indicators to Amibroker language.When my trial expired And I paid with my credit card,it got debited for the amount.But my account nt activated.When I contact them,They told me I cannot subscribe to their product because I have used more than allowed time availabel for support.They say my server blacklisted them .I am still waiting for my refund.
The support time was more because during the trial period I used to report all the data discrepancies I used to observe,for which they had no reply.lo of my volume based studies were showing huge divergences with same studies in metastock,and I used to report to them.My be they got irritated.
So i would recommend that if u are a really serious investor go for authentic feed like quotecenter or esignal and remain wary of such unscrupulus vendors like mdp.U can also think about it if expenses are a concern and u are i the process of transformation to a serious player.
my above post was in reply to varincam's post..forgot to quote him in context

pkgmtnl

dear friend

when so called arrogant behaviour of MDP support is mentioned, then i am bit surprised why they never ever behaved this way to me????During my entire usage period of MDP for almost a year, i hardly require to interact with support people. Their EXE updates automatically, data also comes automatically. Practically interaction is rarely required except on few occassion.

Wat do we need to do with their nationality? Americans or wat so ever?

We need data thats it? Wat is the nationality data vendors, does it make data streaming? Why do u try to rate urself dump villager? Donot enter into primitive age? Did u enquire natonality of other data vendors before subscribing?

Who has built the charting software U use? When we have no reservation in using the charting software, then Why have it for data supplied by them?

Even before subscribing MDP I was also using Meta for charting, but on recommendation of an analyst I switched over to Amibroker. In the begining I was not acquinted with Ami so I also felt difficulty.

But, with in few days of its usage I found it more convenient & versatile then Meta. The AFL building is quite easy to ur trading system and exporation etc in comparision to Meta. Finally, the individual choice matters.

Last edited:

rkkarnani

Today I enquired Market data provider for the purchase of NSE Realtime data. While talking to their representative I learnt that RT1 series data feed only feeds one symbol data in real time. To update all symbols you should go for RT4 which costs a more. RT4 costs appoximately 20000Rs per year.

Market data provider is not a authorised data vendor. So i have finally settled to go for ESIGNAL livecharts data which costs around 21000Rs. Also Esignal is authorised to distribute data. Esignal charts and data are of superior quality when compared to market data provider service.
Which eSiganl are you talking about? eSignal India or eSignal USA!!! I am sure eSignal India are as authorised as any other vendors being discussed here.

One authorised vendor I know is "Reliable-Spider" but they have their own software to display the chart and the data is not compatible with MS or Ami.
There may be many more!!! There is a link on NSE site for RT data and the price offered by them is the amount I would like to earn in an year and be happy!!!

SwingKing

dear friend

when so called arrogant behaviour of MDP support is mentioned, then i am bit surprised why they never ever behaved this way to me????During my entire usage period of MDP for almost a year, i hardly require to interact with support people. Their EXE updates automatically, data also comes automatically. Practically interaction is rarely required except on few occassion.

Wat do we need to do with their nationality? Americans or wat so ever?

We need data thats it? Wat is the nationality data vendors, does it make data streaming? Why do u try to rate urself dump villager? Donot enter into primitive age? Did u enquire natonality of other data vendors before subscribing?

Who has built the charting software U use? When we have no reservation in using the charting software, then Why have it for data supplied by them?

Even before subscribing MDP I was also using Meta for charting, but on recommendation of an analyst I switched over to Amibroker. In the begining I was not acquinted with Ami so I also felt difficulty.

But, with in few days of its usage I found it more convenient & versatile then Meta. The AFL building is quite easy to ur trading system and exporation etc in comparision to Meta. Finally, the individual choice matters.

Pkgmtnl, please don't take it the wrong way. But I see you defending MDP a lot. Any particular reason ??

pkgmtnl

No raunak, you got it wrong.

Just putting in my experince in using MDP does not essentially mean defending. Prior to MDP I have used almost all major RT data vendors. It only through this forum I got their reference about a year back & since then I am using their data.

Here few members repeatedly condemm MDP and especially a thread run for it.
They say MDP Support arrogant---------- I never experenced their arrogance.!

They say RT Data delayed by 10seconds--------- I am yet to find the day when data is 10sec delayed.

They call them Americans narrate some names too-------- I never tried to discuss on this , I even dnt know the names of support people, for me they are just MDP 24x7 helpline, why to go personal? When ever I require their help, I just narrate my issues, they resolve it. Thats it.

They rate MDP data 3rd rate w/o even using it --------- I have used major data vendors, so by virtue of my experience I rate them at par, never rated MDP better then any renowed data vendors.

U are a senior member and know very well which data vendor to choose from. But there might be many more members like me who might be new to TA and looking for RT data at reasonable cost. The constant & repeated posting of fabricated condemnation to confuse newbies to select data vendor which costs less on their pockets that too at par with costliest available RT data vendors. (I say fabricated becoz I never faced these kind of exp). My interest & address is always to the newbies like me, why to pay more for less, as i have been using MDP for more then a year.

Last edited:
People using Amibroker v5.3 RC, would have seen a new box at the bottom called Performance.
The value for MDP is showing very low value (-250 to -1000).
I wonder what are the values of Performance for other data vendors.
Thanks.
gacsekar