Be careful while buying Market data provider data feed

After doing a research about the quality of data and searching for real-realtime tick data vendors. I picked up the following data vendors as genuine RT. Also this is ranking is assigned as per their data reliability and data portability to other softwares. ( I have taken only cash segment of NSE into consideration)

In data accuracy 1 place goes to Quotecentre from Reuters. Though the data is extremely reliable and accurate the problem is, it can be used only with metastock or its own quotecentre software. This makes it to slip just below Esignal.

Esignal is simply superb, the data though not exhaustive as Reuters it is one of the best feeds I have ever seen. No delay no missing ticks etc. Data feed is supported by many charting programs. The feed between Reuters and Esignal is totally indistinguishable.

other RT vendors - of course authorised are

Spider Iris-- may be give it 3 place
Falcon form Reliable software--assign 4 for this.

Hello

I have been using MDP for the last 3 months. Earlier i had used many renowned data providers including e-signal. I agree e-signal is a good data service provider. But how many are willing to spend that much for a month.
If so there would not be so many going after truedata etc. Majority of us looking for a reasonably good data provider with affordable cost.

To this day i have not had any major problem with MDP other than a small hitch with MCX data for a few minutes. I am also using their NSE data. NSE data has absolutely no problem even though i am using RT3 package in which the data is updated for the scrip you are watching currently.

But when you change to another scrip it is updated quickly.There is no delay in tick updation since i had checked with 2-3 seperate odin accounts i operate simultaneously using virtualbox in a single PC.

As i am writing this post i am using their MCX data and i do not find any delay with my ODIN quotes.

Another advantage is the ease of use and low system resources requirement. Login is so easy and backfill is automatic and quick. Anytime if your data base is corrupted you can delete it and backfill new data in a few seconds.
ISP with low band withs will not have any problem with MDP software.

Service is prompt and available regularly.

The cost factor is tremendously attractive and viable.

I have no idea where they get their data from. But then that does not matter if i am getting quick clean data with reasonable cost and with good service.

I also had subscribed to their service after reading through some very good reviews in this forum and other trading forums. Of course there were a few complaints which to be honest i thought were unreasonable.

if you are able to trade successfully using yahoo data or data convertors then i can assure you that your trading will improve much more with e-signal or MDP. But then you got decide whether you want to shell out 3-4 times more for e-signal for almost same service from MDP.

One big advantage i had noticed with MDP is that when ever i log on i have data coming into my TA software without any problems and that my friends is a wonderful booster to your trading confidence.

I am not here for or against MDP or other data providers. I just posted my experience. Best suggestion i can make is try out their trial modes and then make a decision. I also find their service at par to other expensive and well known data providers i had used earlier.

Regards

Saji
dear sir they are asking tu use their data in amibroker wereas a person shud be free tu use data in any software wheter it be metastock or any other sftware but these mdp fellowas always insuisted that instead of metastock it wud be wise tu use amibroker in meta there are real data problems

oxusmorouz

U say its extraction from ODIN,
I find it hard to believe it.

I have used almost every renowed, expensive data vendors, prior to zeroing to MDP.
I have been using it for about an year,
During this period I have rarely found any problem. Its no doubt at par with other data vendors.

I m satisfied with their service.

I am a member of some other forum as well, there too I observed that a syndicate was formed and they went after MDP...
Why on earth will somebody create a conspiracy theory targeting MDP and make it spill over from forum to forum? If the service is 3rd grade, there are bound to be negative reviews. MDP making their human bots spam forums about how good their service is just sums up the matter of the fact, IMO.

bunny

Why on earth will somebody create a conspiracy theory targeting MDP and make it spill over from forum to forum? If the service is 3rd grade, there are bound to be negative reviews. MDP making their human bots spam forums about how good their service is just sums up the matter of the fact, IMO.
Hi, you oxy?

pkgmtnl

Does It require words to express why few people tries and pull down each other, to single out only one data vendor, doing all possible mean to create confusion among newbies, try to rate them 3rd rate, balah balah balah....

The availability of a reasonable data vendor to retailers at nominal price cant be easily digested by few data vendors that too by offering lesser data. So, it could be enough reasons to form a syndicate to chase MDP, is it not? and furthermore, The thread of that Forum was deleted by moderator.

Nobody offers it free, not even MDP, all that matters to a retailer is reasonability.

One thing i realised after going through various forums is that PKGMTNL is a very happy customer of MDP and perhaps the only one too.....
:rofl::D

Does It require words to express why few people tries and pull down each other, to single out only one data vendor, doing all possible mean to create confusion among newbies, try to rate them 3rd rate, balah balah balah....

The availability of a reasonable data vendor to retailers at nominal price cant be easily digested by few data vendors that too by offering lesser data. So, it could be enough reasons to form a syndicate to chase MDP, is it not? and furthermore, The thread of that Forum was deleted by moderator.

Nobody offers it free, not even MDP, all that matters to a retailer is reasonability.

oxusmorouz

You really need to consult a doctor.

eh, will somebody be kind enough to put him out of his misery?

Market data provider excellent data feed

You really need to consult a doctor.

eh, will somebody be kind enough to put him out of his misery?
Hi,

i dont think this is in good taste. its not pkgmtnl but so many friends on my yahoo list who use MDP data and nobody including me comes to forums daily as rather we sit and scan run through charts and solicit quality grapevine than engage in such unproductive frivolous discussions.

Do you Know TradingAnalysis people? They are authorised vendors of Amibroker and sell ACE nifty future systems. Go to their office. You can see on their systems which provider they use. They are also using MDP.

why dont u tell them also to see a doctor or may be the owner Abhay isnt connected well and doesnt know about good quality feeds as much as those people you are referring to;)

i dont understand on what ground people give opinion? i would decide a good or bad vendor on four things mainly:

1) no of counters: which provider you are comparing offers all counters? soubhaya? chartsdata? esignalindia? indaibulls? none of them. TDI/RDE are yahoo providers. so they are not even related in this discussion.

except MDP, nobody is offering all stocks. even esignal gives u 200 stocks and takes more than 125 usd. they do have 500 stocks and 1000 stocks package but at 500 +usd per month? and still only 1000? thats the max.
u cant compare 30 usd charged by MDP with 500+ usd. there is no comparison at all.

2) Quality of data:quality is measured mainly two ways: tick loss and spikes. none i have found any time with MDP. i attach you picture from esignal a friend sent me 2 days back. pls see this.
this is from Esignal feed. there is a HUGE spike in volume towering over other days. i have never seen this with MDP atleast.

3)Support: which provider gives you support round the clock? i had to update my mcx subscription with them and when i returned from new year party at 01:30 am , i got it updated before crashing to bed. which provider has this kind of support system on a new year eve? on what basis does anybody criticises. i adore these people just on their committment to help anytime. this defeats every provider.

4) Price: yaho data feed from tdi costs 750 rs with 5 days backfill and fno cash stocks from MDP costs 599 rs with 15 days backfill. eod etc i dont need to compare as there is no way purified eod update from MDP can be beaten. which company gives u a IPO launch from 1st day? 1499 rs for all stocks and all month futures? you cant compare this.
their biggest annual rt4 package costs 19999. they give 12000 rs of annual nifty/banknifty options package free(All strike Prices) + 6000 rs of ieod free+ 2 months rt data free(4000 rs) . so on 20k payment u are getting 12+6+4=22k Free.ignore all stocks all futures etc you are getting anyway.

Dont tell me about who is writing what on forum? everybody knows that when a company is taking providers out of market, margins shall be hit and the only way to salvage that is talk bad.But this doesnt work.traders play with their money and everybody wants to see the chart himself and not believe on what the next yahoo call says.

irrespective of above,how can somebody target PKGMTNL? see the way he writes. never a bad thing about anybody.Not Only he is a contributor but his language speaks volume about him.Counter on quality of his statements. Dont get personal. it doesnt reflect well.

Kudos to PKG!

Attachments

oxusmorouz

Re: Market data provider excellent data feed

Hi,

i dont think this is in good taste. its not pkgmtnl but so many friends on my yahoo list who use MDP data and nobody including me comes to forums daily as rather we sit and scan run through charts and solicit quality grapevine than engage in such unproductive frivolous discussions.

Do you Know TradingAnalysis people? They are authorised vendors of Amibroker and sell ACE nifty future systems. Go to their office. You can see on their systems which provider they use. They are also using MDP.

why dont u tell them also to see a doctor or may be the owner Abhay isnt connected well and doesnt know about good quality feeds as much as those people you are referring to;)

Dont tell me about who is writing what on forum? everybody knows that when a company is taking providers out of market, margins shall be hit and the only way to salvage that is talk bad.But this doesnt work.traders play with their money and everybody wants to see the chart himself and not believe on what the next yahoo call says.

irrespective of above,how can somebody target PKGMTNL? see the way he writes. never a bad thing about anybody.Not Only he is a contributor but his language speaks volume about him.Counter on quality of his statements. Dont get personal. it doesnt reflect well.

Kudos to PKG!
eh, you seemed to have missed out on my point. I haven't used MDP before and neither do I intend to use it in the future, I'm pretty satisfied with my quotecenter feed.

I asked pkg to go consult a doctor not because he's using MDP but because he, like every one of you MDP bots, seems to have this cocked up idea that firms like eSignal and QuoteCenter, after being petrified about MDP's growth, pay millions of dollars a year to the moderators and vip members of traderji and other forums to deliberately undermine MDP's quality. The idea of a syndicate operating to put MDP down is effing retard.

MDP offers high quality data at low cost? Great! Why're there disproportionate negative reviews then? Something must be wrong? Oh wait, I know, it must be that wretched syndicate using underhand skulduggery.