Basic question about Zerodha stoploss

New to trading, and just placed a few small (delivery) trades with Zerodha. Zerodha tells me that for delivery trades (Cash N Carry), I will need to login and place a stoploss order EVERYDAY. In other words, the stoploss orders are valid for one day only, and are canceled at the end of the day.

Is this true? That would be very strange to me ! Is there any way to place the SL automatically at a predetermined price point? Not looking for intra-day at this point, only for delivery based trading.

Is it the same with other deep discount brokers?

niftygupshup

Yes, its true, what Zerodha has said
The stoploss orders are valid for one day only, and are canceled at the end of the day.
If you need to put a stoploss on your cash positions (or even fno positions), you have to do it daily. There is no other way.

Charles07

I have seen a feature named VTD (Valid till Date) in IIFL which lets u specify the validity period of ur order. Never tried it. Not seen this on Zerodha. U can place AMO orders at night if u can't login in the morning.

Thanks everyone. For buy and hold, do you put stop loss everyday? Or do you buy and hold without any stop loss? If we want to hold for several months or years, it is obviously not possible to login and set sell trigger price (either on the upside or the downside) every single day....