BAR REPLY in Amibroker

Hello Amibroker-Users,

I want to test my trading-strategy manually with intraday-data on a
5-minute bar.

My question is, if I will have a look at historical data do I need tickdata to generate a 5-minute bar or ist it possible to do this with 1 minute-data.

Can somebody give me a helping hand how the datafield should look like and which dataformat I have to use ?

Thanks for all your help!

Martin

Hello Amibroker-Users,

I want to test my trading-strategy manually with intraday-data on a
5-minute bar.

My question is, if I will have a look at historical data do I need tickdata to generate a 5-minute bar or ist it possible to do this with 1 minute-data.

Can somebody give me a helping hand how the datafield should look like and which dataformat I have to use ?

Thanks for all your help!

Martin
You can get a 5 minute data bar even with 1 minute data . The logic is that a higher time frame bar can be generated with lower time frame data. So even without tick data you can get the 5 minute candle if your database is made of 1 minute IEOD data.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help I will try with 1-minute-data.

Could you please give me a helping hand hot the data format has to look `?

Thanks
I Hope the link which I am mentioning below will help you to understand about the database settings . [IEOD - Intraday End Of Day Database settings] - This is what you are looking for so the link will help you. The database settings are quite similar for different data providers , only few tweaks are needed for adjusting into different formats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l51KFPXQfCw

:thumb:

Last edited: