Bank sector

The other day I went to SBI branch for a small work.After signing the requisite paper ,the man said THERE IS A
SLIGHT MISMATCH in my signature. Then I handed over my PAN CARD to him for signature verification and photo
identity.He handed over another paper and asked me fill the details. I told him ,"I am in a hurry and Taxi is waiting
outside." But the man was adamant. The quickest possible solution would be verifying my REGISTERED mobile.
Thieves like Mallyas and Niravs are treated with RED carpet and genuine account holders are treated as THIEVES.
That is the reason why PSU banks are bleeding.

Needless to say ,I am planning to withdraw from the bank.
I find most public sector banks have deteriorated their service....there processes are outdated,their staff is arrogant and they care a damn for customer service.....most of the times their servers wont work in first 30 min after bank opening, their printers for printing the passbooks will always be in "not working " condition...the staff nearing retirement does not want to work and because of the unions the manager cannot take any action on them......cooperative banks are much better in customer service than these public sector banks...soon many of them will be on the deathbed like MTNL and BSNL...

I have closed all my accounts from these public sector banks and have opened accounts in private banks where most of the work is done on the internet and even if we have to go to the bank branch, the service is much better ....but old timers like my aunt still depends on public sector banks and refuses to open any new account in private banks and for their work I have to go to these irritating banks sometimes and every time the experience is very frustrating ....

Smart_trade

columbus

Any biometric recognition ??
What for they are taking AADHAR card and PAN card for account opening. I always carry PAN and AADHAR
with me. Bank people should respect the CENTRAL GOVT DEPARTMENTS first.

I find most public sector banks have deteriorated their service....there processes are outdated,their staff is arrogant and they care a damn for customer service.....most of the times their servers wont work in first 30 min after bank opening, their printers for printing the passbooks will always be in "not working " condition...the staff nearing retirement does not want to work and because of the unions the manager cannot take any action on them......cooperative banks are much better in customer service than these public sector banks...soon many of them will be on the deathbed like MTNL and BSNL...

I have closed all my accounts from these public sector banks and have opened accounts in private banks where most of the work is done on the internet and even if we have to go to the bank branch, the service is much better ....but old timers like my aunt still depends on public sector banks and refuses to open any new account in private banks and for their work I have to go to these irritating banks sometimes and every time the experience is very frustrating ....

Smart_trade
Actually this is true of most govt. offices. But somehow, in Banks and the Post office, I don't really resent the staff, not much. Most of them are working at full capacity or more, but the number of staff has reduced drastically and then there are too many tasks for a single person.

As for the banks, I surprisingly find their rural branches more efficient and equally up-to-date. I am surprised by how the rural population has adapted to the newer banking practices like debit card, passbook printing, ATMs etc.

columbus

I found 2 kinds of people in PSU bank, one works hardly and other working as if they are sitting on a frying pan.But what we require is hard working and efficient people. This percentage is less in PSU bank when compared to Private bank.