Bank bees

toocool

i do not understand etf's much , except that they are like stocks , and tax free capital gains after 1 years just as stocks .

i am interested in long term investments , in nifty bees , and bank bees , is there any risk involved in these ? i have read in some foreign blogs that etf are not safe or something like that , cannot even remember .

can any expert here clarify?

aryan.

ETF's specially nifty bees and bank bees are best for long term investments. Since they track the indexes you dont have to worry about individual company performance. e.g. If a satyam like scam breaks out the nifty index is not affected much, so the risk is low compared to investing directly in stocks.

There is always a risk in the stock market, if there are any problems like global financial crisis the Nifty Index and Nifty Bank Index would go down so accordingly nifty bees and bank bees would also go down. That is the time you buy more units of ETFs.

mastermind007

i do not understand etf's much , except that they are like stocks , and tax free capital gains after 1 years just as stocks .

i am interested in long term investments , in nifty bees , and bank bees , is there any risk involved in these ? i have read in some foreign blogs that etf are not safe or something like that , cannot even remember .

can any expert here clarify?

NSE has got a booklet on ETF. So, download and read it. Sometimes, even breathing in India is deemed "not safe" by foreign blogs/media(s), so decide if you want to follow 'em.

It is hard to make tax-free profit in NIFTYBEES bcos the NIFTY aunty itself cannot make up its mind and like stocks, roughly 80% of the time, NIFTYBEES that you hold will be in net-loss and when they show profit, you'll exit for peanut profits.

Mr.G

Ok, let the long-term guy answer this.

See nifty and bank nifty ETF are good investments if you dont want to build accelerated wealth and want mediocre performance with the market.

You are talking about long term, so i will assume you are committed for the next 2 decades. Tax-free is that you will be holding and holding.

I recommend that you don't start an SIP as that is industry gimmick, best way to invest for long term in stocks is to buy in depression, not normal times and certainly not in a bull market.

Save money in a recurring deposit in either a bank or post office. As soon as there is a crash you can buy in. Then start the cycle again.

You will get benefit of both fixed-income from recurring deposit and the bull effect of stocks rally after crash.

I know what I am talking about. ( I know I won't get any thanks, people dont thank me even if I am right)

jahan

. ( I know I won't get any thanks, people dont thank me even if I am right)
Hello,

yes ur right on this single sentence....ur right for ur own sake....don't rub ur thoughts on others...if ur long term guy/invester its ok buddy ...whatever thoughts/ideas u have those belong to u only...see what i have seen in my career is long term investor's are very calm in nature and they are very reserved.....but u always seems to prove urself...i think in 10 out of 7 posts u said that ur investor/fund manager so what buddy.........ur talking about 2 decades....what if i can show u 200-300%(even there r other traders who can earn 500-1000% even more) return every year....

this reply of mine is not meant to hurt u or ur feelings....what iam saying is keep ur thoughts with u only......not everybody in this world of trading belongs to one approach some use fundamental like u and some use technical....in those approaches some are long term and others are short term ....even whats wrong with day trading...everybody has their own freedom to do what they want .....so dear if u beleive ur a investor then ur......i don't know why ur repeating urself.....

Regards,

Last edited:

mastermind007

Ok, let the long-term guy answer this.

See nifty and bank nifty ETF are good investments if you dont want to build accelerated wealth and want mediocre performance with the market.

You are talking about long term, so i will assume you are committed for the next 2 decades. Tax-free is that you will be holding and holding.

I recommend that you don't start an SIP as that is industry gimmick, best way to invest for long term in stocks is to buy in depression, not normal times and certainly not in a bull market.

Save money in a recurring deposit in either a bank or post office. As soon as there is a crash you can buy in. Then start the cycle again.

You will get benefit of both fixed-income from recurring deposit and the bull effect of stocks rally after crash.

I know what I am talking about. ( I know I won't get any thanks, people dont thank me even if I am right)
Mr. G

How is SIP a gimmick ... please explain

Mr.G

Hello,

yes ur right on this single sentence....ur right for ur own sake....don't rub ur thoughts on others...if ur long term guy/invester its ok buddy ...whatever thoughts/ideas u have those belong to u only...see what i have seen in my career is long term investor's are very calm in nature and they are very reserved.....but u always seems to prove urself...i think in 10 out of 7 posts u said that ur investor/fund manager so what buddy.........ur talking about 2 decades....what if i can show u 200-300%(even there r other traders who can earn 500-1000% even more) return every year....

this reply of mine is not meant to hurt u or ur feelings....what iam saying is keep ur thoughts with u only......not everybody in this world of trading belongs to one approach some use fundamental like u and some use technical....in those approaches some are long term and others are short term ....even whats wrong with day trading...everybody has their own freedom to do what they want .....so dear if u beleive ur a investor then ur......i don't know why ur repeating urself.....

Regards,
Jahan the OP wanted a long term solution. Not a trading one. Why did you even write this message? To prove that short-term trading is best or something like that? I dont know why all of you traders gang up on me like your superior.

BTW trading is akin to doing business. In investing you make a hell lot of money for doing nothing but sitting on your ass. You should keep investing and trading different. As I a student of trading as well now.

They both are different things. You have to trade and work for trading. In investing it is one time work after that you just have to monitor investment.

jahan

In investing you make a hell lot of money for doing nothing but sitting on your ass.

chaaa...........if investing is that much easy then there must be more than Half of world population are rich.....more than 99% of people sit on thier ass atleast for 6-7 hours what do u think they are doing....

You should keep investing and trading different.

They both are different things.
this is what exactly iam Reminding u.don't force ur ideas/investment philosophies upon others.....just look ur previous posts honestly u will get the answer.
and will u pls point out my previous post/thread where i said investing and trading are not different......nowhere i said/write.

do u know the only stock of DOW JONES which is still there from its inception....if Investing is that much easy....then u should see all other stocks in the Dow aslo. what happens to them....did traders eaten them or Investors buried them

Regards,

Last edited: