Bank bees

i suggest, instead of buying the ETFs you can go for individual stocks from the BANKEX. You can only pick the best ones and make your own basket and leave the worst ones. This way you will enhance your profits!!!

mastermind007

Mr.G said:
In investing you make a hell lot of money for doing nothing but sitting on your ass.
chaaa...........if investing is that much easy then there must be more than Half of world population are rich.....more than 99% of people sit on thier ass atleast for 6-7 hours what do u think they are doing....
Jahan, Lets hear ideas of Mr. G; Significant source of a rich person's income is from passive sources such as investment which they do do it in a manner which is taxation friendly. There is a book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" that talks about this.

And Mr. G. Pls start providing concrete ideas that someone can read, understand and follow;

Even before I seriously started looking at trading, I've dabbled in NIFTYBEES and JUNIORBEES from which I've had dividends but for the most of my time I've held 'em they've remain in red capital-wise so they are not like mutual fund. On the whole, they are not as rosy as they are made to appear !!

jahan

Jahan, Lets hear ideas of Mr. G; Significant source of a rich person's income is from passive sources such as investment which they do do it in a manner which is taxation friendly. There is a book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" that talks about this.

And Mr. G. Pls start providing concrete ideas that someone can read, understand and follow;

Even before I seriously started looking at trading, I've dabbled in NIFTYBEES and JUNIORBEES from which I've had dividends but for the most of my time I've held 'em they've remain in red capital-wise so they are not like mutual fund. On the whole, they are not as rosy as they are made to appear !!
Hello,

yes ur right....iam not stopping him to do so....another great book regarding the subject "passive income" is---- Infinite Wealth--- by John.R.Burley and DR.Van.K.Tharp.....actually its a course and the book is workbook of that course.

Regards,

Mr.G

chaaa...........if investing is that much easy then there must be more than Half of world population are rich.....more than 99% of people sit on thier ass atleast for 6-7 hours what do u think they are doing....

this is what exactly iam Reminding u.don't force ur ideas/investment philosophies upon others.....just look ur previous posts honestly u will get the answer.
and will u pls point out my previous post/thread where i said investing and trading are not different......nowhere i said/write.

do u know the only stock of DOW JONES which is still there from its inception....if Investing is that much easy....then u should see all other stocks in the Dow aslo. what happens to them....did traders eaten them or Investors buried them

Regards,
Investing is difficult, very very difficult. It takes years of deep study and knowledge to become successful at investing. It has a smooth but LONG learning curve. It is as wonderful and as thrilling as stock trading.

You are talking about a subject that you don't fully understand yet. Fundamental analysis is a very big field with different styles. If you could open your mind to the knowledge of it. Then only you can know how wonderful and magical it is.

If you could just try and learn why and how fundamental analysis works, rather than trying to prove that it doesn't or that it is bettor or worse than something.

Trading is a business.
Investing is an operation for growth and storage of wealth.

jahan

Investing is difficult, very very difficult. It takes years of deep study and knowledge to become successful at investing. It has a smooth but LONG learning curve. It is as wonderful and as thrilling as stock trading.

You are talking about a subject that you don't fully understand yet. Fundamental analysis is a very big field with different styles. If you could open your mind to the knowledge of it. Then only you can know how wonderful and magical it is.

If you could just try and learn why and how fundamental analysis works, rather than trying to prove that it doesn't or that it is bettor or worse than something.

Trading is a business.
Investing is an operation for growth and storage of wealth.
Hello,

Yes Now ur on Right track....i fully agree with u..... this kind of posts i expect rather enforcing....i didn't say anywhere/in Any post that Fundamental Analysis didn't work....if i did u can point out the particular post.

compare this post to ur previous all posts.....and see the difference in it.....this is more informative one...yes ur right that i didn't know/understand fundamental Analysis why should i ..when iam a Strategic Trader using Technical Analysis........

The main reason that i belong to Technical side is it will tell within 30-40 trades that something wrong with me(if really it is) ......and when comes to Fundamental Analysis it will take Years to find out whats wrong u have done with ur Analysis bcoz we need to wait sometimes a decade to really know actually what happened.

see buddy i am not here to criticize u....we are in the arena...in that common people hesitate to participate....so pls take my points in good spirit man..we are the part of driving force of the market.

Regards,

Mr.G

Hello,

Yes Now ur on Right track....i fully agree with u..... this kind of posts i expect rather enforcing....i didn't say anywhere/in Any post that Fundamental Analysis didn't work....if i did u can point out the particular post.

compare this post to ur previous all posts.....and see the difference in it.....this is more informative one...yes ur right that i didn't know/understand fundamental Analysis why should i ..when iam a Strategic Trader using Technical Analysis........

The main reason that i belong to Technical side is it will tell within 30-40 trades that something wrong with me(if really it is) ......and when comes to Fundamental Analysis it will take Years to find out whats wrong u have done with ur Analysis bcoz we need to wait sometimes a decade to really know actually what happened.

see buddy i am not here to criticize u....we are in the arena...in that common people hesitate to participate....so pls take my points in good spirit man..we are the part of driving force of the market.

Regards,
Ok, Now i will clear your doubt, You dont have to wait for years, See in value investing, we find a stock trading below value, then we find a TRIGGER. This will make the stock shoot up. IF the trigger doesnt work or if the fundamentals change you go out of the trade. My value trades dont last for more than a few months to a year.

Dividend investing is much more difficult than that, but provides more bang for work than value investing. That is my niche. I will be happy to clear any more doubt about fundamental investing as there are a **** load of them in the market.

And we are not in same arena, we may be in same field, eg we both are doctors, but you are heart surgeon and I am neurosurgeon. Same field different specialities.:thumb:

jahan

My value trades dont last for more than a few months to a year.
My technical trades doesn't last couple of hours to a day Max.

/*Dividend investing is much more difficult than that, but provides more bang for work than value investing. That is my niche. I will be happy to clear any more doubt about fundamental investing as there are a **** load of them in the market.*/
I even didn't think of it....for me this approach is dead/no value.

And we are not in same arena, we may be in same field, eg we both are doctors, but you are heart surgeon and I am neurosurgeon. Same field different specialities.:thumb:
whatever it is.... context is same...i am weak in English.....for me upto this day Arena or field both r treated same....as u pointed out from now onwards i treat arena and field differently.

Regards,

Last edited:

mastermind007

Hmmm, Read your article ... Need to present a "for" argument on SIP; Bear in mind that I am not arguing against you. It is just a debate on SIP. It is not personal at all.

Basically, a SIP strategy forces noob investors (with some long horizon) to get into the habit of investing and prevent them from getting discouraged.

Of course, your idea to buy at lows is superior but it takes skills to buy at low. Most ppl do not have that the skill to predict a low and if one starts thinking along those lines, he will stand by the sides and more likely will miss the lows. SIP forces him out of this dilemna by setting date and amount on his own calendar and following that.

There is a great parallel to the precis, the idea of what I am saying which I heard at a discourse in ISKCON temple.

The ISKCON preacher was talking about merits of chanting and urging everyone to take up chanting immediately. One of the benefits he said is that "if a person is chanting, In best case, he may be freed from life&death recycling, In worst case, he is guaranteed to have a better chance at being reborn"; Core Idea is that whatever thoughts one is having at the his/her last breath determine what his next life-form is going to be at next rebirth.

Then, preacher, changing gears played against own sermon and posed a question "If all that matters are thoughts at the last moment, I'll remember God's name only at the last moment, why waste entire life and youth on chanting?"

Again changing gears, the Preacher replied to his own question said "Unless one is chanting or has formed habit of chanting, there is almost zero chance that he will think of something worthwhile at last breath".

So, SIP is like regular chanting. Certainly, best returns come when one manages to buy at the LOW. However, if one is not even doing SIP, chances that he will have guts, funds and temerity to buy at lows are negligible.

Mr.G

Hmmm, Read your article ... Need to present a "for" argument on SIP; Bear in mind that I am not arguing against you. It is just a debate on SIP. It is not personal at all.

Basically, a SIP strategy forces noob investors (with some long horizon) to get into the habit of investing and prevent them from getting discouraged.
I wanted to tell people why SIP is not the holy grail, the mutual fund industry shows it to be. I wanted to provide my opinion as to why I don't like it as an analyst.

BASIC thing taught in value investing is that, "buy in depression!" as you pointed out that a layman investor cannot do the detailed study and of the market, but a professional analyst has the full skill set to accomplish it.

The idea is not to catch the rock bottom but to get a lower price as compared to the value of the security.

People often confuse growth investing as fundamental investing, which states "growth at any price". Value investing is opposite of that. Price and value are main factors for us.

Now to help you more, I will give you brief history about the mutual fund industry. Archaic funds were generally hedge funds, in which the fund manager has a considerable capital at stake. And he was joined by many rich investors.

Now the mutual fund is the common man form of that hedge fund of past times. But there are BIG differences now, A the fund manager is bound by mandate so even if he is a good manager, he will be bound by rules.

Second mutual fund managers are salaried employees, they dont own stake in the fund, think about it. Letting someone who has nothing to lose even if your life savings go for a ****.

As salaried employees fund managers are now more focused on short term performance rather than long term. You ask why? Because even though funds have long term views, bonus to fund managers is given on quarterly basis.

The main focus of the fund manager is to give good performance just in time for bonus then tumhare paise ki mc bc.

The amount of freedom that old hedge fund managers had is being resurrected by private fund managers who are running funds under LLPs.

Coming back to SIP,
the mutual fund industry needs constant money flow, this can be obtained by locking people into SIPs, people who bought at 2007 and 2010 highs are still blaming the market for their loss!

Rather than blaming their flawed investment method. Why is it flawed? Because it gives to regard to price! PRICE IS ALL MIGHTY! SIP is taking the flawed assumption of growth at any price. which we all know doesn't work.

There is no argument for SIP except the fact that it is holy grail only for the industry and not new investor. I also never recommend layman investor to invest in individual stocks.

Either take help from an good analyst or same money in RD and invest during each market crash by buying ETFs.

Hope this clears your doubts, will love to clear more if you want. BTW there are many other interesting articles on my website that you will find eye opening.

As unlike other analysts and industry people, I don't sweet talk about bad practices. I tell my opinion and call it as I see it.

You might have notices that many successful investors, watch over the market like hawks, and only strike when there is blood flowing and everyone is shitting their pants. That my friend is the key!

Last edited:

mastermind007

I wanted to tell people why SIP is not the holy grail, the mutual fund industry shows it to be. I wanted to provide my opinion as to why I don't like it as an analyst.
Wonderful!! I agree with you on this. Now I realize one of my mistake. I did not automatically link word "SIP" to a Mutual Fund because I believe that regular planned investing can be done without help of any fund manager. All one needs is commitment and funds allocation.

Mr.G said:
BASIC thing taught in value investing is that, "buy in depression!" as you pointed out that a layman investor cannot do the detailed study and of the market, but a professional analyst has the full skill set to accomplish it.
The idea is not to catch the rock bottom but to get a lower price as compared to the value of the security.
How? Sir!! How? Is there any reliable and economical source for a normal investor to be even be within 10-20% of the depression? I have been thru every dividend publishing site and all I gets is overload of info. I am one of the crazy fellow who sit whole nights to read all that trash and 90% is meant to confuse and intimidate average Joe into either running away or placing money in hands of incompetent fund manager that you've so succulently described.

Mr.G said:
People often confuse growth investing as fundamental investing, which states "growth at any price". Value investing is opposite of that. Price and value are main factors for us.
Honestly, do not understand the finer difference. Growth investing gets advertised as Fundamental Investing. I will see if I can find adverts where I had seen this.

If I never purchased XYZ in my life, what the .... do I know if its value is 1000 Rs or 10Rs. Face value of 90% of traded equity is 10Rs or less. P/E ratio means nothing to me.

Mr.G said:
Now to help you more, I will give you brief history about the mutual fund industry. Archaic funds were generally hedge funds, in which the fund manager has a considerable capital at stake. And he was joined by many rich investors.

Now the mutual fund is the common man form of that hedge fund of past times. But there are BIG differences now, A the fund manager is bound by mandate so even if he is a good manager, he will be bound by rules.

Second mutual fund managers are salaried employees, they dont own stake in the fund, think about it. Letting someone who has nothing to lose even if your life savings go for a ****.

As salaried employees fund managers are now more focused on short term performance rather than long term. You ask why? Because even though funds have long term views, bonus to fund managers is given on quarterly basis.

The main focus of the fund manager is to give good performance just in time for bonus then tumhare paise ki mc bc.

The amount of freedom that old hedge fund managers had is being resurrected by private fund managers who are running funds under LLPs.

Coming back to SIP, the mutual fund industry needs constant money flow, this can be obtained by locking people into SIPs, people who bought at 2007 and 2010 highs are still blaming the market for their loss!
Good synopsis. This summary deserves to be in your original blog post you shared few days ago. Just a suggestion!!!

Mr.G said:
Rather than blaming their flawed investment method. Why is it flawed? Because it gives to regard to price! PRICE IS ALL MIGHTY! SIP is taking the flawed assumption of growth at any price. which we all know doesn't work.
hmmmmm

Mr.G said:
There is no argument for SIP except the fact that it is holy grail only for the industry and not new investor. I also never recommend layman investor to invest in individual stocks.

Either take help from an good analyst or same money in RD and invest during each market crash by buying ETFs.
You mean there are Good qualified analyst that we can find who will somehow not follow the industry tag and give you proper advice and treat investor's money as his own?

Mr.G said:
Hope this clears your doubts, will love to clear more if you want. BTW there are many other interesting articles on my website that you will find eye opening.
Reading thru it, dude!!!

Mr.G said:
As unlike other analysts and industry people, I don't sweet talk about bad practices. I tell my opinion and call it as I see it.
Thank GOD, I know you!!!

Mr.G said:
You might have notices that many successful investors, watch over the market like hawks, and only strike when there is blood flowing and everyone is shitting their pants. That my friend is the key!
Finally, let me get this straight, You mean to tell me that average Joe Blow should put his money in safe band FD/RD until market has crashed and then when it has crashed enough, he/she should liquidate his FDs and buy the stocks while he sees blood on streets while everyone else he knows (except few invisible Hawks) are shitting in their pants?

Last edited: