Backtesting with fundamental and technical data, different entry & exit criteria

Hi All,

I am trying to develop a trading strategy based on fundamental and technical data. The idea is to buy stocks that meet certain fundamental and technical conditions, hold them until they meet another set of fundamental and technical conditions.

I have been looking for websites/tools to backtest the strategies. However, there doesn't seem to be any that meet the requirements.

**Target Universe:** Equity / Cash
**Market:** India
**Stock Screening Criteria:** Both fundamental and technical data
**Strategy:**
1. Buy Criteria - Apply a set of fundamental and technical criteria to filter out stocks.
2. Buy the filtered stocks in certain proportion.
3. Sell Criteria - Apply another set of fundamental and technical criteria to filter stocks within the portfolio.
4. Sell the stocks when sell criteria is met, otherwise continue to hold until sell criteria is met.

I found a few options but with limitations:
1. Streak - This allows you to build different entry and exit criteria, however, only technical data can be used.
2. Trendlyne - This allows you to use both fundamental and technical data, but you cannot build two different set of criteria for entry and exit.
3. Tradingview - You can only apply a strategy on a single stock and see the outcome.

**Question:** Are there any website/tool that allows you to backtest trading strategy with both fundamental and technical data and allows for different entry and exit criteria.

primitivetrader

Hi All,

I am trying to develop a trading strategy based on fundamental and technical data. The idea is to buy stocks that meet certain fundamental and technical conditions, hold them until they meet another set of fundamental and technical conditions.

I have been looking for websites/tools to backtest the strategies. However, there doesn't seem to be any that meet the requirements.

1. Buy Criteria - Apply a set of fundamental and technical criteria to filter out stocks.
3. Sell Criteria - Apply another set of fundamental and technical criteria to filter stocks within the portfolio.
4. Sell the stocks when sell criteria is met, otherwise continue to hold until sell criteria is met.

1. Streak - This allows you to build different entry and exit criteria, however, only technical data can be used.
2. Trendlyne - This allows you to use both fundamental and technical data, but you cannot build two different set of criteria for entry and exit.
3. Tradingview - You can only apply a strategy on a single stock and see the outcome.

**Question:** Are there any website/tool that allows you to backtest trading strategy with both fundamental and technical data and allows for different entry and exit criteria.
depends upon what kind of technical/ fundamentals variables you are using in scan. as one site may fulfill some conditions of scan and some other site may fulfill some other conditions.

you can try screener.in . good for fundamental scan but not much good for technical scan.

another one is chartink.com good for technical scan you can do lots of customization provided you know how to do it in chartink logic. its decent for fundamental scan also

Yes, there are lots of screener available. However, I was looking for sceeners that can do backtesting and tell me the returns of the strategy. We can decide whether the strategy is good or needs tweaking.

primitivetrader

Yes, there are lots of screener available. However, I was looking for sceeners that can do backtesting and tell me the returns of the strategy. We can decide whether the strategy is good or needs tweaking.
nobody can tell that unless you share the screening variables (if you want to).

For example, I want to entry a stock when the meet the below condition and exit when they meet the next one. I want to know what would be my return if I used these entry and exit conditions. Is there a website that would allow me this kind of backtesting?

Entry Criteria:
Market Capitalization in Cr > 100 AND Month Volume Avg Primary Exch > 50000 AND PEG TTM PE to Growth > 0 AND PEG TTM PE to Growth < 2 AND Piotroski Score > 7 AND Altman Zscore > 2.6 AND ROCE Annual % > 20 AND ROCE Annual % > ROCE Annual 1Yr Ago % AND Total Debt to Total Equity Annual < 2 AND Revenue Growth Qtr YoY % > 9 AND Previous day Supertrend Direction = - 1 AND Day Supertrend Direction = 1
Exit Criteria:
Day Supertrend Direction = - 1 OR 10Day EMA Rs < 20Day EMA Rs

primitivetrader

For example, I want to entry a stock when the meet the below condition and exit when they meet the next one. I want to know what would be my return if I used these entry and exit conditions. Is there a website that would allow me this kind of backtesting?

Entry Criteria:

Exit Criteria:
I may be wrong, but no website can do the above together.
there are a couple of ways around it. use a scanner (screener.in probably) and filter stocks as per fundamental and then export the data and run it in chartink for exit criteria and manually check.

in paid trading software I think this can be done but you need to have fundamental data which may be very costly for paid trading software.

another way is there are multiple screening websites (google ) that provide both technical and fundamental analysis, they may build this screen for the price.

hi
Hi All,

hi Ravi,
i am also looking for similar service, which can backtest stocks using fundamental data ,
have u find anything ?