Avoid Distrctions

Yeah. everyone can get distracted when they trade, however one needs to learn to overcome this weakness and don't let distractions affect them. And for that we need to have sound trade management practices and a sound plan in place.

Set a defined trading time for each day that you will strictly follow. Make a list of websites that you follow during trading. Don’t allow any material unrelated to trade to be present near your work area which may distract you.

I separate working time from entertainment time online. Don't click on any irrelevant links while I'm working. I typically get my work done earlier in the day, then I relax and look at other things that may or may not be off subject.

All of us trade with a PC and smartphone. I always avoid clicking on irrelevant links but there are other things that distract me. There are so many things that pop up on our phone and they end up stealing our valuable time too. I make sure to only do my work and give full focus to trading only. I just mute all the notifications until I am done with my work.

Getting distracted is actually a way of procrastination because you are not interested in the work you are doing. Being a trader I do take breaks and browse through the internet but I never let that affect my trading hours and focus.