Automating with stop loss sell order - NEST trader

Is the stop loss sell order valid only for intraday?
What I'm intending to do is - buy a stock, let appreciate it for a month or a quarter, then sell it automatically when the desired target price is reached, thus eliminating the need for continuous tracking. Is there a strategy/order to do this in NEST trader?

What are you talking about? If you use "normal" or "carry forward" mode you can surely do that.

Just be careful. You are planting two bids, the stop loss and the profit. One will be hit first. Don't assume it is over. The other bid will sit pretty unless you delete it manually. If you don't, it will be hit next - may be after 2 months - when you are vacationing at Kulu and know nothing about it.

Why don't the developers keep provisions for automatic deletion?:p

DSM

* Yes, in our exchanges, orders are valid only for the day. Hence you cannot carry forward your order, as all pending orders get cancelled at end of day.

* Re. target, you can set an alert level in NEST to send you a mail or SMS when a level is reached. For NEST, go to tools, Set alert function.....

What I'm intending to do is - buy a stock, let appreciate it for a month or a quarter, then sell it automatically when the desired target price is reached, thus eliminating the need for continuous tracking. Is there a strategy/order to do this in NEST trader?

mastermind007

No, Indian exchanges do not provide that service.. Its really basic and annoying that it is not provided. MT4 provides it in Spot Forex.

Sharekhan provides paired-orders (Stop loss and Target) but only for the Intraday, thus restricting its usability. SK does provide GTD order feature but problem with that is such orders cannot be cancelled after hours.

For Nest and now users, only alternative at the moment is the basket order ....

alroyraj

No, Indian exchanges do not provide that service.. Its really basic and annoying that it is not provided. MT4 provides it in Spot Forex.

Sharekhan provides paired-orders (Stop loss and Target) but only for the Intraday, thus restricting its usability. SK does provide GTD order feature but problem with that is such orders cannot be cancelled after hours.

For Nest and now users, only alternative at the moment is the basket order ....
Hi all,
Based on what I have read, this is easily available in sharekhan. Once the stock is bought you can use the btw- value till date to set a target. This is valid till the end of the month. This feature is quite useful but even sharekhan users aren't aware of this.
Next to have a trailing stop loss I believe i read something like this on the sharekhan site. The combination of these 2 will suit your purpose.
Vtd is available also I kick n icici but I guess sharekhan has a better reputation etc. Usual disclosure is this based on what I have read.
So far sharekhan seems like the ideal investment account, trading wise we keep on wanting something extra every time