Automated trading in NSE or BSE?

S

SCF

so what's the conclusion?

you are screwed if you do HighFrequency trading without permission from NSE.

All other kinds of trading(scripts/IB/CoolTrade... etc etc.) goes unnoticed and there is nothing to say about it !

right?

S

SCF

"vi. Enable Algorithmic Trading (AT): Traders can develop and deploy computers running complex mathematical algorithms and place
buy and sell orders automatically in the trading system through DMA. This is called Algorithmic trading (AT) and is facilitated by DMA."

source:
http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/aug2009_2.pdf

Since you are not using DMA and highfrequency trading (i.e sub second timed orders)... there shouldn't be any trouble :p

but NSE still needs everyone to take approval of the strategies... which is a tedious task and full of question marks like why should i disclose my rules.

for everyone, NSE has allowed algo trading for one and all retailers, traders, investors with certain conditions, so algo, automated ta based or quant based trading is fully legal and retailers can opt for the same

regds
raminder

"vi. Enable Algorithmic Trading (AT): Traders can develop and deploy computers running complex mathematical algorithms and place
buy and sell orders automatically in the trading system through DMA. This is called Algorithmic trading (AT) and is facilitated by DMA."

source:
http://www.nseindia.com/content/press/aug2009_2.pdf

Since you are not using DMA and highfrequency trading (i.e sub second timed orders)... there shouldn't be any trouble :p

manojborle

Is there any software which automates TA based trading in India?

and yes something which is pocket friendly too..
I think it is provided by omnesys under the name NEST PLUS and it is not costly

manojborle

Hi,

I saw somewhere on the forum that they charge 3.5L.. and I feel its not pocket friendly..
Where did you see that, If you are a user of NEST TRADER or NOW or ZERODHA then you just have to subscribe to nest plus which is around 200 per month and you can do semi-automated trading

Algo

Hi,

I saw somewhere on the forum that they charge 3.5L.. and I feel its not pocket friendly..
Hi,
Today i believe only legal way for doing algo trading in india is through ShareKhan. They have taken approval from exchange for their sophisticated users to use their Presto platform. You just have to open power broker account with them. Cost comes upto be around 1 lakh per year. I believe it is for big retail traders. Contact share khan for the same.