Automated /algo trading for retail traders

sumosanammain

Can someone guide me on the following.

I identify the trade visually. I dont need to have a computer identify the signal. But as soon as I identify the signal, can I do the following..

1. Press a hotkey that sends a buy order with preset qty to exchange. And also sends an order for partial profit booking and stop loss based on a price I may enter. + some points for profit and minus some points on it for SL.

2. If I am getting data into amibroker via some other push tool, can I still do it without subscribing to gfdl? ( I think gfdl doesnt come into picture as I am identifying signals manually)

3. What software do I need? I am using NOW. Will I need nest plus? Will I need the trading bridge?

Its just to speed up and automate the order placing issues. Notthing to do with identifying signals.

Or do I just need a macros program? If so, can anyone suggest a good program that easy to handle?

yusi

I identify the trade visually. I dont need to have a computer identify the signal. But as soon as I identify the signal, can I do the following..

1. Press a hotkey that sends a buy order with preset qty to exchange. And also sends an order for partial profit booking and stop loss based on a price I may enter. + some points for profit and minus some points on it for SL.

2. If I am getting data into amibroker via some other push tool, can I still do it without subscribing to gfdl? ( I think gfdl doesnt come into picture as I am identifying signals manually)

3. What software do I need? I am using NOW. Will I need nest plus? Will I need the trading bridge?

Its just to speed up and automate the order placing issues. Notthing to do with identifying signals.

Or do I just need a macros program? If so, can anyone suggest a good program that easy to handle?
Offhand and the short answer: I would say that you need a macro program such as AutoIt; in that case you would neither need GDFL nor a subscription to the Nest Plus AT Plugin.

But the devil is in the details....

Just to be clear, are you trade decision made in AmiBroker, and would you like to send the order from Ami itself? Or are you happy to switch to NOW, select the scrip, and press the hot button to send the buy/sell and/or target/stop. The former adds one+ more layer of complexity (in other words, more things that can go wrong) and may look like this:

sumosanammain

Offhand and the short answer: I would say that you need a macro program such as AutoIt; in that case you would neither need GDFL nor a subscription to the Nest Plus AT Plugin.

But the devil is in the details....

Just to be clear, are you trade decision made in AmiBroker, and would you like to send the order from Ami itself? Or are you happy to switch to NOW, select the scrip, and press the hot button to send the buy/sell and/or target/stop. The former adds one+ more layer of complexity (in other words, more things that can go wrong) and may look like this:

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will be making the decision looking at charts in Amibroker, switching to NOW andd pressing the hot key. Yesterday I installed Autoit... but am not able to understand how to use it. Its not a macro recorder, needs programming. But I was able to use the windows information tool in Autoit and scroll over the order windows, and it recognises them, and the fields in the boxes in the order form.

Now, can Auto it accept a price from me in a form, and then, take that price, and add some predefined points to it and place my profit target, and subtract some predefined points from it and set my stop level?

Also, would you be so kind as to guide me how to do it?

I googled autoit for references and it throws up a lot of study material, and I will try to go through it too.

The pic you have shown has the plugin in the pic?

Algo

Similar thing is available with symphony as well..i believe they call it as an execution logic jobex..

Algo

I am doing business in agro commoditity in ncdex. It will be of a great help and i will be very thankful to if you please guide me
Hi,
I dont think any one is providing automated solutions for NCDEX. I am quite sure of that due to high cost and possible restriction from NCDEX itself, but you may speak with omensys n symphony guys. With omnesys i think you can use semi automated trading since they have approval for CTCL application at NCDEX, which symphony doesnt have.

Last edited:

Algo

Algo

hi

i have been researching for algo trading .

was searching for data feed for ami and came across real sense india.com

had a chat with their rep and they have a product named " robotic trading"

they are charging 1500 per month for the same and they say that it is a fully automated version ..

i cannot comment that why is so inexpensive compared to symphony and where it fits between symphony and omnesys

members please share ur views

regards
Will see their product and let you know..

yusi

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I will be making the decision looking at charts in Amibroker, switching to NOW andd pressing the hot key. Yesterday I installed Autoit... but am not able to understand how to use it. Its not a macro recorder, needs programming. But I was able to use the windows information tool in Autoit and scroll over the order windows, and it recognises them, and the fields in the boxes in the order form.

Now, can Auto it accept a price from me in a form, and then, take that price, and add some predefined points to it and place my profit target, and subtract some predefined points from it and set my stop level?

Also, would you be so kind as to guide me how to do it?

I googled autoit for references and it throws up a lot of study material, and I will try to go through it too.

The pic you have shown has the plugin in the pic?
The pic was a quick mock-up to show how it could be done, where clicking on the Buy or Sell would trigger the order of type market / limit / stoploss and other options could provide the desired flexibility in terms of slippage, profit target, stop, etc. It would require the Plus Trading plugin (but the more adventurous could do it in AutoIt as well without needing the plugin), and could use any existing data feed.

Yes, beyond a point AutoIt requires programming, and the equivalent "form" for placing orders (using Koda for ease) can be built with the variables you have mentined. I am not well-versed in AutoIt, and am out of action for the next month or so -- but it is a language after all, maybe with some idiosyncrasies. If however, you get stuck in terms of NOW window handles and control IDs, let me know.

sumosanammain

The pic was a quick mock-up to show how it could be done, where clicking on the Buy or Sell would trigger the order of type market / limit / stoploss and other options could provide the desired flexibility in terms of slippage, profit target, stop, etc. It would require the Plus Trading plugin (but the more adventurous could do it in AutoIt as well without needing the plugin), and could use any existing data feed.

Yes, beyond a point AutoIt requires programming, and the equivalent "form" for placing orders (using Koda for ease) can be built with the variables you have mentined. I am not well-versed in AutoIt, and am out of action for the next month or so -- but it is a language after all, maybe with some idiosyncrasies. If however, you get stuck in terms of NOW window handles and control IDs, let me know.
So you mean to say that I can identify the trigger visually, and click the buy button in the amibroker window, and it would send the orders to NOW. And are you sure I can do this with NOW? I dont want to go to NEST trader as I dont know how stable it is.

If what you have shown in the pic is right, then it should be simple to apply. I will look into the Nest plus plugin.

Thanks again.

One more question... does Nest Plus it have a place where I can punch in my buy price, after the trade is executed, so that it will calculate my profit target and sl levels and send orders accordingly?