Automate loading of EOD data from getbhav onto Amibroker

Hi Traderji members,

Has anyone managed to automate the EOD data downloading from Getbhav copy into Amibroker.

Currently using Getbhav EOD there are 2 steps:
1. Download the EOD data daily from Getbhav
2. Use the IMPORTASCII option in Amibroker to load data onto the screen.

These 2 steps needs to be done manually daily. (would save 5-10 mins daily if its automated). There has to be someone smarter than me who has figured a way to automate this than do it manually :). Can this be automated maybe using a windows scheduler or something else, your help would be appreciated ?

Thanks
Mathew.

prabhsingh

Hi Traderji members,

Has anyone managed to automate the EOD data downloading from Getbhav copy into Amibroker.

These 2 steps needs to be done manually daily. (would save 5-10 mins daily if its automated). There has to be someone smarter than me who has figured a way to automate this than do it manually :). Can this be automated maybe using a windows scheduler or something else, your help would be appreciated ?

Thanks
Mathew.
It takes me 2-3 min to complete this task.Good idea to automate this but less critical and not a show stopper.

mastermind007

Hi Traderji members,

Thanks
Mathew.
There is a software named AutoIT which you can use to automate any windows based activities including mouse based clicks

Last edited:

trash

Converting to Metastock? Autoit? Forget about it.

If you download your data to a specific folder then all you need is few lines of code to create an OLE import script/exe that iterates through that ASCII file folder and a format file that is being pointed to in that script.

In addition or alternatively in the AmiBroker SDK there's a sample of an ASCII import plugin.

Now all you need to do is activate download&import via a proper task scheduler once a day (well, or multiple times a day).