Auto Trading With Zerodha

I dont know python programming, else i would have definately posted it.

Please refer to Zerodha programmer forums. you may find something there.
I already asked some questions to you but now will add some more questions also. I am assuming you are algo trading using PHP/mysql.

1. Whats the duration you are algo trading with? intraday,overnight or both?
  2. Whats your opinion about PHP as a algo trading programming language? Is it worth it?
  3. How do you do quant/math calculations? what PHP libraries you use? example would be better?
  4. Do your strategy contains technical analysis, if yes what PHP library you use it for?
  5. Do you use historical data? zerodhas historic api or other?

I have experience in php but I thought it would be hard to do algo trading using this language.

I already asked some questions to you but now will add some more questions also. I am assuming you are algo trading using PHP/mysql.

1. Whats the duration you are algo trading with? intraday,overnight or both?
    1 min
  2. Whats your opinion about PHP as a algo trading programming language? Is it worth it?
    Yes why not. Definately it is not the best. But it suits my requirement.
  3. How do you do quant/math calculations? what PHP libraries you use? example would be better?
    i have simple calculations like open=high and open=low, volume>x, etc
  4. Do your strategy contains technical analysis, if yes what PHP library you use it for?
    I wrote my own php functions. I didnt yet check if some TA library exists for PHP
  5. Do you use historical data? zerodhas historic api or other?
    I use Google Historical. Because Zerodha historical has limitation of maximum req per minute.

I have experience in php but I thought it would be hard to do algo trading using this language.
It could be. But it is possible.

SOURABHji .. any update to your APIs ?

I'm sure there are many developers here who are traders as well:

How about working on a piece of software which can place orders in Zerodha KITE (web based) (using FULL Automation ..i.e no manual intervention, except the 1st dummy order for the 1st transaction of the day) from Amibroker AFL generated signals:

1. Kite connects to Amibroker ver 6 via HTML5 technology for feeds

2. Amibroker has its own AFL (Amibroker Formula Language) generating buy/sell signals.

3. The Buy/Sell orders are placed into Zerodha's KITE automatically (web login would already be done) from Amibroker as and when signals are generated.
I am not conversant with AFL and Amibroker. I write my own raw programs.
You can give this a try It should be possible.
Check Kite Connect documentation and see how u can integrate into Amibroker.
The api which i am using, seems to be very raw and cannot be used with Amibroker. But not sure. So give it a try.

HowUTrade

We Code For You
Hi,
Kite Connect API can be effectively used to place orders virtually from anything (Ex:- AmiBroker, Excel, C#, C++ etc) and if you are programmer, you can make custom functions to place order from AmiBroker/Excel.You can even build your own trading platform with Kite API.
HowUTrade.in
Kite API

TradeOptions

Hi,
Kite Connect API can be effectively used to place orders virtually from anything (Ex:- AmiBroker, Excel, C#, C++ etc) and if you are programmer, you can make custom functions to place order from AmiBroker/Excel.You can even build your own trading platform with Kite API.
HowUTrade.in
Kite API
Welcome to the forum howutrade :)

I have taken a look at your site. Looks like a good opportunity for retail traders to get some practical experience Auto Trading. Can you mention about your coding charges ? Are they project based or per hour ? What kind of experience you guys have got in programming Amibroker AFL's ? Other then amibroker, for which other platform do you do the coding work ?

Thanks and regards

HowUTrade

We Code For You
Hi TradeOptions,

Thanks..!

We charge on Project basis & charges depends on the complexity of Trading System.
We currently support AFL coding & Kite Connect API.
Kite Connect is good hope for retail Traders.
We suggest clients to use Kite Connect as a Platform for execution of orders rather than use it to build Trading system as already many ready made TA software's available with lot of indicators and functions.

HowUTrade

We Code For You
Thank you Denzo for the valuable info. Would you please give some idea how do we check whether these software vendors are having access to our computer or codes ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sree,
There are many software's available to check this.One good example is GlassWire.
GlassWire will monitor all traffic in your computer.
If you suspect some applications, then with help of GlassWire you can check,
To which host/Ip, the application has made connection...?
How much data has transferred to host...?
If you see more data transfer, then you should be careful.
Normally, some 10-15kb is used by application for sending error report and license checking.
You can ignore that.

TradeOptions

Thanks for the replies HowUTrade. Best Wishes.

Regards