Ask Your Forex Question Here

have you heard or traded forex before?

• yes

Votes: 141 67.8%
  • no

Votes: 67 32.2%

• Total voters
Let me add to your comment, Savant in response to Timepass.

It's $10 per pip only on the currency pairs when the USD is the secondary currency. OTT, it varies.
I wasn't thinking when I left my personal information, but now I might as well use it as the example. The trade on the EUR/JPY is up 159.8 pips. Profit is $2,827.32. That's $17.69 per pip.
So what is the cost of trade per pip ?? Or cost of trade in number of pips if your spread is 2 pips (or 4.1 pips as in the earlier example).

4xpipcounter

Based on 4.1 pips, it would be 17.69 * 4.1 = 71.83. That is how much in arrears the trade was when I first entered it.
There is a collateral that is put up on each trade, but that is figured in automatically when the trade is entered. Once the trade is closed, then you get your winnings from the trade and the collateral is added back to the equity. The amount of equity depends on the market you are trading and the leverage you have. The average is <> $1,000 based on 100:1 leverage, and that is on one lot. If you have 250:1 leverage, then it would be $400. 500:1 would be $200. All that means is if you have $20,000 in your account with 250:1 leverage, and you enter a trade You would have $19,800 available to trade with. As example, let's say you broke even on the trade. The collateral is returned to you, so you have $20,000 still in your account.

So what is the cost of trade per pip ?? Or cost of trade in number of pips if your spread is 2 pips (or 4.1 pips as in the earlier example).

If you have 250:1 leverage, then it would be $400.
500:1 would be $200.

.....if you have $20,000 in your account with 250:1 leverage, and you enter a trade You would have $19,800 available to trade with.
:confused: :confused: If I have 250:1 leverage and the collateral is $400, then with $20000 capital, I should have $ 19600 left in my account ??
Many questions in that statement, but let's take the doubt in red first. As to the rest, I'll have to digest and re-calculate.

Note to self : Collateral = margin blocked, equity = trading capital.

SavantGarde

My reply was specific to the query of EUR/USD...hence illustration of 1 pip.... !!!

SG

So, suppose I buy at 1.34453 and sell at 1.34494, how much money do I make ??
1 Pip on EUR/USD is $10

1.3123 buy
1.3124 sell
Profit 1 Pip = $10

Let me add to your comment, Savant in response to Timepass.

It's $10 per pip only on the currency pairs when the USD is the secondary currency. OTT, it varies.
I wasn't thinking when I left my personal information, but now I might as well use it as the example. The trade on the EUR/JPY is up 159.8 pips. Profit is $2,827.32. That's $17.69 per pip.

Hi All!

I have recently installed Odin Software in suse linux dsktop entrprize 11 sp1 throw wine.
When I try to Login I get the following error:

" Logon process did not complete (logon to server) "
I tried turning off the Firewall .

If anyone here has encountered this problem and solved it please help me too

plese send me email on [email protected]

Thanx a Ton in advance!

comm4300

Hi All!

I have recently installed Odin Software in suse linux dsktop entrprize 11 sp1 throw wine.
When I try to Login I get the following error:

" Logon process did not complete (logon to server) "
I tried turning off the Firewall .

If anyone here has encountered this problem and solved it please help me too

plese send me email on [email protected]

Thanx a Ton in advance!
WINE has problems with C, C++ [a requirement for ODIN].

Wine database says ODIN installation is possible.

However, i've faced too many problems and have eventually given up.

a better option as of now is to use virtualbox - install a trimmed down version of xp and install odin.

'rgds,