arranging inner windows

the template is working fine for me. My problem is i have adjusted the window size and when i run metastock the next time the window size gets adjusted automatically back to default size

4candles

cmlee said:
the template is working fine for me. My problem is i have adjusted the window size and when i run metastock the next time the window size gets adjusted automatically back to default size
Na! Cmlee,
i am not talking about templet.Templet is a single chart with all favorite indicators & expert thrown in & saved as a templet with a name usually. If your talking about 2 or more different stock charts opened simultaneously, with different indicators & all having different sized visible screen shots then it should work. Mine does( in MS v8 Pro).

4candles

cmlee said:
i only have 1 stock opened, but this stock has 3 inner windows which is different in size
well we had a communication gap! (earlier)

OK, you mean you use a single chart with more than i indicator with different inner window sizes, right. In that case:-

In Mstock go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CHART OPTION TAB>CHANGE SECURITY(at the bottom) > -Check- use CHART AS TEMPLET & click OK. Now open a Stock chart ( Open & remember a stock which is at top most in the folder- tell you why later) Arrange the chart with all the desired indicators dropped in with the desired frame sizes ( including expert commentory if you use one) when you are satisfied you simply save the chart by clicking on the save icon (or use Ctrl+S), this will save the chart autometically as a default Template. Now next time when you start your MStock application open, only, the chart which you saved earlier( as, said remember/top most stock). Next, since you want the same settings for other charts (in the same folder only) aswell simply click(mouse), (alternatively use Alt+ Arrows) on the Next & Previous Security icons at the bottom right corner, the next chart should continue with the same same settings, if it is so then you are done.

One more thing- you can save your settings as a template by giving a name, so that when you want to apply the same settings to charts in different folder/s, you simply open a chart ( top most usually), right click on it >apply templet, a window opens choose your saved template, chart will open in a new window, if you desire to use this the next time then click on the save icon, it's saved as default & your done.

That's it. Hope this will solve your problem. If not you can always get back here. Awating your experience.

regards