arranging inner windows

#1
Hi,
I have 3 inner windows in metastock and i have arranged and sized them nicely to the required height that i want.
How can i configure metastock to open these 3 windows to the exact size and arrangement everytime i open metastock?
thanks
 

Traderji

Super Moderator
#3
Originally Posted by 4candles
Try this:-
in MStock go to TOOLS>OpTIONS (application Properties)> General Tab. Find Workspace properties, here check restore workspaceon start up box.

Try it & come back if u have a problem

regards
4candles
 

4candles

Well-Known Member
#4
cmlee said:
Hi,
I have 3 inner windows in metastock and i have arranged and sized them nicely to the required height that i want.
How can i configure metastock to open these 3 windows to the exact size and arrangement everytime i open metastock?
thanks

Try this:-
in MStock go to TOOLS>OpTIONS (application Properties)> General Tab. Find Workspace properties, here check restore workspaceon start up box.

Try it(i used to do this earlier may be it will help) & come back if u have a problem i'll try alternative & your doubt may help me recollect

regards
4candles
 
#5
i tried creating a new layout but when i reopen metastock the inner windows automatically arrange by itself again.
how does the LAYOUT work?



Traderji said:
You will first have to save them as a LAYOUT and then as a TEMPLATE.

The MetaStock Help files will have the required information on "Layout" and "Templates".
 
#7
TOOLS>OpTIONS (application Properties)> General Tab > restore workspaceon start up , does not work. The inner windows resizes itself automatically after reopening metatstock
 

4candles

Well-Known Member
#8
cmlee said:
TOOLS>OpTIONS (application Properties)> General Tab > restore workspaceon start up , does not work. The inner windows resizes itself automatically after reopening metatstock
Dear Cmlee,

after reading this i followed my procedure but it worked!
if you are using MStock V8 ( i use MS V8 Pro.) it should work aswell i am not familar with other versions though.
Try once more , follow the procedure mentioned earlier, arrange your smart charts in inner windows as desired & then close MStock application. Under this setting, by default MStock saves your workspace autometically, when closed. Now restart your Mstock application, it should open/start from where you left.
try it once more & revert.
regards
4candles
 
#9
it does not work for me.
i have 3 inner windows, 1st and 2nd inner window is bigger and the 3rd inner window is the smallest in height.
when i reopen metastock, the 3rd inner window automatically becomes larger in size

4candles said:
Dear Cmlee,

after reading this i followed my procedure but it worked!
if you are using MStock V8 ( i use MS V8 Pro.) it should work aswell i am not familar with other versions though.
Try once more , follow the procedure mentioned earlier, arrange your smart charts in inner windows as desired & then close MStock application. Under this setting, by default MStock saves your workspace autometically, when closed. Now restart your Mstock application, it should open/start from where you left.
try it once more & revert.
regards
4candles
 

karthikmarar

Well-Known Member
#10
Hi cmlee

Try the following

Open chart. Arrange the charts as you desire. Keep the pointer within the chart and right click your mouse. Select "Default Template" in the drop down menu. Mesage will appear "Replace existing Default Template". Select "yes". After this any chart you open will be like the default one.

regards

karthik
 

Intraday Higher Leverage

Save up to 90% in brokerage and get higher leverage for intraday trades.

Name:Phone:
Email:City:
State:
Are you a day trader?