are women better investors/traders?

Wow! what started as an intelligent thread, is paving its way to an not so good discussion/argument/debate.

nonetheless, my opinion on the main topic of this thread is: women are considered better at trading because of two main reasons: 1) comparatively the no. of women who trade versus men is less. 2) women are usually focused towards cost-cutting(read: bargaining) and in turn make good profits.

not being a sexist, but women generally are not much in trading. until and unless the woman is nt sure of garnering good profits, the women donot risk much (as women have comparatively less income and more expenses to pay for-kids, family,and personal requirements )

whereas the men are plenty. the men who are really good at it, the men who are really bad at it( but will still trade just to show-off or greed, or high income or to keep up with the trend in the friend circle...cant say the exact reason)

also,the ability of women to bargain is something to learn, that helps in the application of s/l and t/p. also the scalping for some.

so these factors are the main reasons why they are considered as good traders.

man/woman both are intelligent and have amazing analytical skills useful for trading. but it all depends on individual characteristic ranging from amount of resource, risk-ability, greed, time and the appropriate knowledge.

Last edited:

onlinegtrash

Here is smart_trades version of reality:

version #1:
I think he talks about
barely break even or mildly successful traders or losers (majority)

and his thought process goes like this:
== removing default provider pressure from their shoulders helps those women.
anyone who traded to pay their rent (and placed a stupid trade in rush!)
knows what he says !

Here is Neha's version:

version #2:
she talks about very successful traders (minority)

and her thought process goes like this:
== hey don't take away the credits from her hardwork, its even paradoxical
to say that someone removed 'provider pressure', after all now she can play
a better provider! Just like starving oxygen puts off fire, if I were husband
am not going to give money to loser wifey (haha! first time am using this phrase!),
so that will eventually eliminate losers, so the reality reduces to version #2.

=======

anyways I think both version #1 and version #2 are not contradictory, I guess they both co-exist...

my thoughts on being sexist:

men and women are two different sub species guys, that's evolutionary psychology - 101 !
if I say, generally men run faster than women or women can be excellent non
threatening negotiators/PR persons than men... its just a fact, nothing sexist there.
(IMHO, not being sexist is sometimes ignoring blatant truth!)

"In trading men / women doesn't matter. what matters who makes the highest profits!" :D ;)

its the same one from the famous proverb: "In a war, it doesn't matters who is right or wrong, what matters who is left. "

Women are definately smart traders.

they have the aptitude to handle situations much better than their counterparts.

Discipline which is the key to trading is definately a plus as far as females are concerned - you cant expect that from creatures who leave their wet towels on the bed !!

SavantGarde

Women are definately smart traders.

they have the aptitude to handle situations much better than their counterparts.

Discipline which is the key to trading is definately a plus as far as females are concerned - you cant expect that from creatures who leave their wet towels on the bed !!
One way to solve 'Wet towels left on the bed by creatures' is to skip the bed on that unpardonable day/night.....!!!

Ha ha .. well said

but these creatures will keep doing the same even if the bed is left unoccupied..

just as they would keep making those stupid bets on penny stocks no matter how many times they take a hit

That's all right everybody can't understand everything specially a foreign language... sometimes differences in opinion do lead to a debate I don't call it an argument. I didn't address you in any of my post except one place for a particular talk so I'm not gonna do it anyway.

P.S. I hardly understand your English.
Neha,

You have registered in 2010 at traderji. You should have known who you were addressing your comments to. ST Da is neither sexist, nor lacks comprehension of the phoren language you think you know very well. As a woman, I can tell you, you cannot be more further from truth in your assessment of ST Da. When the word "sexist" is thrown about irresponsibly as you did, you are opening doors for the real sexists to get away. This disrespect shown to a well respected member like ST Da is annoying me no end, but I am trying to keep my cool :mad::annoyed: