Are unit link insurance plan or pension plan for long term?

I am thinking to invest in unit link insurance plan or pension plan , my thinking is only to invest for the periods of 3 or 4 years concern agent are showing dreams that if you invest rs 25000/- annually after 3 years if you wish to surrender the complete policy you can , you will get rs 150000/- of your invested rs 75000/- is that true or I have to pay surrender charges or both the plans are not for 3 or 4 years but for long term i.e 10 or 15 years please give me the direction ,
thank you .

no reply so far please reply me soon .
Before investing in pension plan

see the following links

assume the interest rate of rd's @ 11% (As per economic cycle in a or 2 year time year) no other charges will be applicable

http://www.traderji.com/current-affairs/33131-pension-plans-worth-full-none-income-tax-player-compare-govt-po-rd-s-new-post.html

Also calculate the return of ICICI pension plans(24000 @ 20 years) by following links

http://www.iciciprulife.com:8001/InstaInsureWeb/LifeStagePension.do

Points -

just assume the return of rs 2000 monthly investment for 20 years

(1) ICICI & Others are assumping there gain by 6 to 10 % (which can be lower return) + huge fund management & other
charges will be extra also see the above mention link care fully then you will find the details of their charges

(2) in post office rd's you dont need to pay any charges & your return will be 100% secure & fixed. in icici your sum
assured will be based on your last fund value + their charges so rd is much better in this case or rd investment defeat
any debth fund investment in long term vision.

(3) after getting your final amount from rd you will be having several options to gain very good monthly gain ...............

just calculate the result and find the difference in terms of gain between rds & icici pension & other plans

Its my thought of calculations if you like then have the same of forget ..........

As far as unit link plans for growth funds are concern they are completely depend up on market & how can we rate

them in terms of long vision because it used to move up in a cycle and moved down with next cycle if you want then you

can do the study of hang sang where market is reached the level of 23000 & not providing very good returns (6 to 8 %)

Means if market will be able to move up tremendously then chance of gaining will be minimized & every increase in the prize

of stocks will require huge funding.I am using 1 ulip growth fund plan from last 3 years & last one year was dam good for

stock market & my invested organisation is mentioning that they have invested rs 35000 crores in stock market and most of

the amount was in month of jan , feb , march /2009 but still my over all gaining is - 25 %.

for secure & long term vision I think RD'S , FD'S @ (10.5 % TO 12.5% ) ,GOLD (RS 15000 TO RS 15700) + MEDICLAIM

POLICY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE are having very good options .if you have more money then real state will be the best Investment for long term vision but for buying the same so many curicial points are important.

See the following thread

http://www.traderji.com/equities/33982-what-best-long-term-investment.html

Direct investment in equity can be the best when market at its bottom level
An average Investment in good fundamental shares can provide good returns.
But its not secure ...............

According to my experience Ulip plans are very risky if you all have any other opinion then be with same

Last edited: