Are retail resident traders allowed to daytrade on nasdaq,dow,emini etc using margin

Hi there,

Just a newbie question.. Are retail resident traders allowed to daytrade on nasdaq,dow,emini etc using margin? also forex where we get alot of leverage..?

If this question has already been answered then please direct me there.

Good Luck and Happy Trading

ShailFx

Ank!t007

Re: Are retail resident traders allowed to daytrade on nasdaq,dow,emini etc using mar

Dont know about the forex but one can trade Dow/Nasdaq.
Trader111 trades in Dow/Nasdaq. He'll be able to help you in brief.

Ankit

Re: Are retail resident traders allowed to daytrade on nasdaq,dow,emini etc using mar

For daytrading Forex I think good guidance available in the related sub-forum.

You may also like to contact the support at: http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/main.php

Daytrading in in US markets may be useful if you are much into trading by the tape. There are thousands of sufficiently liquid stocks to chose from. The earnings season... as it is currently going on... attracts even instituitions to daytrade.

Aman1

hi trader111 ,
which broker do you use to trade on dow/nasdaq. Icicidirect has started trading facility for this purpose. but I have not seen anytrading
review on this forum for theis service of icicidirect

VJAY

Hai trader111,
If you doing trade in nasdaq and dow please guide us about the broker and other details to regester/open account.
Thanks a lot

Like I said daytradin NASDAQ/NYSE may not be really helpful unless you are trading by the tape. For swing trading there are just too many oppurtunities on NSE.

For high volume daytraders another good thing is the very low explicit trading costs like brokerage and taxes.

Shall also remind that most brokers ask for a minimum of 25000 USD in account for daytrading.

I have little knowledge about brokers. Maybe someone else would help you about it.

i recently heard that anagram has started intraday trading for indians in us markets , don't know the details.

Hi,

Even I want to trade in US market...But don't know how to do it. Like brokers in india, restrictions on foreign traders, INR USD conversions etc...

Just for info, I am doing intraday trading in NSE and most of the time end up making profits...So I want to explore US market