Arbitrage Trading cash-futures

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Thanks for the warning. But atleast on my side, I am not trying intraday here. I will be holding position overnight here. So speed or algo will not matter here. So anyone who can answer the questions here?
You can't do cash-futures arbitrage on an intraday basis anyway! The advice given by forum members such as @superman, @sanju005ind, @travi and @bengaljaguar is correct. Even without incurring brokerage charges, it's not worth it and is certainly the most overdone text-book strategy ever! This is what they teach in the first two chapters of any trading book/course.:) So obviously, it's not going to work. It is especially not meant for retail traders. Cash-futures arbitrage is used by prop-desks, institutions in a special situation when they can borrow the underlying stock for cheap and do it on a large size.

@Tejas Khoday - You said its not practically possible for retail ...can you give more details ...is it because of govt charges and large capital tied up in margin ..is that why? I am only talking about cash price is lower than future so essential buying cash and shorting future. @superman @travi