Apply for IPo as an HNI

If we apply as an HNI investor, what are the chances of getting the allotment. I mean if the oversubscription is done by many times under HNi category do all the applicants get some allotment?

OneThatGotAway

Absolutely why not ..... apply on day 1 then u will get it ...
I have received what i applied in past months.
Ppls that apply on very first day have max chance to get it.

Apply at cutt off rate (Put tick on cut off rate ) then u have max chance :)

Over subscription means a lot of ppls have applied ....
A company can always throw a clean bold ball like giving 1 lot only to all lol

Last edited:

Chittorgarh

IPO Investment Portal
There are 3 main categories in IPO:

1. Qualified Institutional Buyer or QIB (50% of offer size reserved) - Allotment is done in Proportionate way.

Commercial banks, mutual funds, FPIs are part of QIB Category.

2. Retail Individual Bidders or RII (35% of offer size reserved) - The Allotment to each Retail Individual Investor shall not be less than the minimum Bid Lot, subject to availability of Equity Shares in the Retail Portion and the remaining available Equity Shares if any, shall be allotted on a proportionate basis.

Resident Indian individuals, Eligible NRIs and HUFs are part of RII category.

The bid amount in RII category should not exceed Rs 200,000.

3. Non-Institutional Bidders or NII or HNI (15% of offer size reserved) - Allotment is done in Proportionate way.

Resident Indian individuals, Eligible NRIs, HUFs, companies, corporate bodies, scientific institutions, societies and trusts are part of NII. High Net-worth Individuals (HNI) applying for over 2 lakhs in an IPO falls in this category.

The bid amount in NII category is above Rs 20,000. As the allotment is done in proportionate basis, every applicant get some shares.

Mainly individual investor who take IPO Funding applying in NII category. This category is highly oversubscribed as the size is small and people get crores of IPO funding.

Hope this help.

Logik

Absolutely why not ..... apply on day 1 then u will get it ...
I have received what i applied in past months.
Ppls that apply on very first day have max chance to get it.

Apply at cutt off rate (Put tick on cut off rate ) then u have max chance :)

Over subscription means a lot of ppls have applied ....
A company can always throw a clean bold ball like giving 1 lot only to all lol
I disagree with the logic of applying on the first day. It isn't first to come first serve game.

As Chittorgarh.com mentioned, the allotment is proportionate.