Anyone used Robo trader.in . Their views about the service provider.

cloudTrader

Thanks for the link @cloudTrader

I have tried AWS and their VPS is very good. The problem that I faced with them, is that if we go for good configuration VPS then we would not like to keep it on 24/7, because in the back of our mind we would know that we are being charged per minute, so we will try to turn it On and Off regularly and that puts pressure on the mind. Whereas in other typical VPS there is just fixed monthly cost and we can keep it running all the time and not bother about turning it On and Off. That is why I am looking for other options that are available in this regards. Otherwise AWS is really good in all other aspects, no doubts about that.

The free tier VPS does not work for me. I need atleast 4 GB RAM or more and around 50 GB HD Space and 4 CPU configuration. If you know about some other vendors then please let us know.

Thanks a lot.

PS: I tried Amazon AWS t2.large Instance, which has 8 GB RAM, 2 CPU etc. and it worked well with multiple trading software running simultaneously during live markets.

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/
Thanks trendtrade for sharing your experience. :up:

No robo can save you on slippage. I always count slippage when using any system. Because you are using breakout your slippage is always high also you use a market order.
No, they cannot access your afl. Warning screen is nothing just to give alert that robo will fire order auto.
If you are using robo you need reliable RT data with backup data. Even you can place the order manually. See the below screen. No need for Amibroker or any other software.

View attachment 34079
I understand that slippage is a normal part of trading, which is why I always use Stop-Limit orders so as to define how much slippage I'm comfortable with & if it's more than that then I'd rather not take that trade but if the robo only sends market orders (without Mkt Prot option) then there's a risk of incurring significantly greater slippage than I might be comfortable with. Further, I was also thinking about more than "normal" slippage caused by latency issues related to the software itself.

Good to know. Alright. Of course. That's an interesting feature that I didn't know about.

Again, thanks for all of your help. :)

I would really recommend the robo from automaticbuysell.com I have been using it. It does only the job of placing orders. But read the limitations first like other users have said. Doesn't support equity futures. And only market orders are supported. Ant customization related to order placement based on your strategy is a chargeable service . For example, if you want the stoploss order to be placed after initial entry order, etc. One limitation i found is that you can trade only one segment at a time. Check before. Take a trial to be sure as always.
Right but unfortunately, it doesn't support Equity Futures, & trading-costs in Cash market are nearly twice that of Equity Futures, plus, most Equity Futures have higher liquidity than their Stock. Right. Thanks for letting us know. True, I heard that in their video. Alright. Thanks for all of your help.

All the friends who have participated here so far in this thread - thank you so much for sharing your practical experience in this regards. Like many other traders here, I am also very much interested in finding a "Stable and Reliable Auto Trading Solution" which would work with Amibroker and Multicharts. The basic idea is that we create an Auto Trading System into any of those 2 software and then just put it on auto trading mode and then the trades should get executed automatically without any human intervention.

So if you guys are willing to make a "collective effort" in preparing the overall framework for auto trading, then I will happily support this idea by making an ADVANCE payment of Rs 10,000 to any respectable senior member here. That money can be used for taking the data feed, vps , robo trader application subscription etc. And we will share the details of our practical experience here so that all the traderji community benefits from it. We would come to know about all the practical issues that one should expect when he or she plans to automate their trading method. It would be a learning experience for all of us. We can choose the specific vendors to be tried out by taking opinions from other traders of traderji community, who are already doing it currently.

We can use any DUMMY Trading System for testing this all, as most friends do not like to share their REAL trading system or logic, which they have created after years of hard work. And that is completely fine with me, as I am not looking for any magic trading system, instead just looking for a reliable way of doing auto trading. Once we have this framework ready then any one else can easily replicate that by simply using their own specific trading systems respectively for their choosen instruements of interest. I would like to begin with testing on NSE Stocks for example, as we can take single trade stocks, which would be cheapest way for testing.

If you guys think this is doable and you are interested in practical testing work "without any cost/charges for yourself" then please message me.

Thanks and regards

pannet1

All the friends who have participated here so far in this thread - thank you so much for sharing your practical experience in this regards. Like many other traders here, I am also very much interested in finding a "Stable and Reliable Auto Trading Solution" which would work with Amibroker and Multicharts. The basic idea is that we create an Auto Trading System into any of those 2 software and then just put it on auto trading mode and then the trades should get executed automatically without any human intervention.

So if you guys are willing to make a "collective effort" in preparing the overall framework for auto trading, then I will happily support this idea by making an ADVANCE payment of Rs 10,000 to any respectable senior member here. That money can be used for taking the data feed, vps , robo trader application subscription etc. And we will share the details of our practical experience here so that all the traderji community benefits from it. We would come to know about all the practical issues that one should expect when he or she plans to automate their trading method. It would be a learning experience for all of us. We can choose the specific vendors to be tried out by taking opinions from other traders of traderji community, who are already doing it currently.

We can use any DUMMY Trading System for testing this all, as most friends do not like to share their REAL trading system or logic, which they have created after years of hard work. And that is completely fine with me, as I am not looking for any magic trading system, instead just looking for a reliable way of doing auto trading. Once we have this framework ready then any one else can easily replicate that by simply using their own specific trading systems respectively for their choosen instruements of interest. I would like to begin with testing on NSE Stocks for example, as we can take single trade stocks, which would be cheapest way for testing.

If you guys think this is doable and you are interested in practical testing work "without any cost/charges for yourself" then please message me.

Thanks and regards
i dont know if i am repeating here.

1) one can simply trade from excel in an automated way. the problem is not in the technology part. the problem is its costly to do it legally. (through API).

2) I would suggest you to speak to howutrade.in ... instead of burning 10K cash .. for reinventing the wheel. also checkout traderji user ubermachine's algo thread where you have strategy and framework already ready.

3) you could also fix your mind on your own strategy ... rather than first setting up the framework. ... and then search for the strategy.

4) the biggest algo secret is you need to run a system for 't' amount of time without stopping and you will be profitable. of course your system should have edge and you should be willing to take the drawdown hit.

hope i really understood what you are trying to do here.

just my 2 paise.

Thanks and regards
Good initiative on your part. I wonder if something like this could work out.

Looking at the free RTD thread, another idea could be to have someone on Traderji volunteer to make a stable robo & offer it at a discounted price since there would be so many people here who would be interested in it, & they would get good support right here on Traderji. Personally, I don't know a lot about VPS but wouldn't it be easier to get a bulk-deal cheaply if enough people were interested in it?

i dont know if i am repeating here.

1) one can simply trade from excel in an automated way. the problem is not in the technology part. the problem is its costly to do it legally. (through API).

2) I would suggest you to speak to howutrade.in ... instead of burning 10K cash .. for reinventing the wheel. also checkout traderji user ubermachine's algo thread where you have strategy and framework already ready.

3) you could also fix your mind on your own strategy ... rather than first setting up the framework. ... and then search for the strategy.

4) the biggest algo secret is you need to run a system for 't' amount of time without stopping and you will be profitable. of course your system should have edge and you should be willing to take the drawdown hit.

hope i really understood what you are trying to do here.

just my 2 paise.
The problem is that, based on what I've read & experienced, I don't trust Zerodha & Upstox API solutions. That's why I'm looking for Nest/NOW based solutions. Further, depending on the strategy, semi-auto mayn't be good enough for some traders.

I will look into that thread.

Good initiative on your part. I wonder if something like this could work out.

Looking at the free RTD thread, another idea could be to have someone on Traderji volunteer to make a stable robo & offer it at a discounted price since there would be so many people here who would be interested in it, & they would get good support right here on Traderji. Personally, I don't know a lot about VPS but wouldn't it be easier to get a bulk-deal cheaply if enough people were interested in it?
Once we finalize the Reliable Components after testing, like Robo Trader, VPS, Datafeed etc. then we can think about special discounts on bulk orders etc. But first we need to do the testing and reach to conclusions in this regards.

Making a stable robo from scratch, would be a Big Project and would take a lot of time, so I guess we should first go with the available vendors.

VPS is a good choice because of the additional benefits that it provides, specially in the context of Auto Trading.

I am also more interested in NEST/NOW based solutions, rather then tying myself to a specific broker etc.

Let us see, if something concrete happens in this direction with the collective effort of fellow traderji members.

Thanks and best regards