Anyone used Robo trader.in . Their views about the service provider.

I have used Robotrader.in and http://stocksdeveloper.com/ robo. I have my own trading system. Only need robo software to place the order. Both company robo software has glitch and failed in real time trading. I have done one month real time trading with nest zerodha account. I have tested around 10 robot software.
Same with me, only need the software to place the order as per my strategy. That sounds like a serious problem, so thanks for letting us know. I'm sure everyone interested in this topic will highly appreciate it, if you would share your positive/negative experiences with each one of those 10 robos.

ocil

I have found 1 robo trade software it has all the option. using since last 1 year without any issue. frequent update. very good support. Even robo can placed bracket order. Cost is less, bug free.
Note :- I am not promoting any software or website. No link with this website.

Same with me, only need the software to place the order as per my strategy. That sounds like a serious problem, so thanks for letting us know. I'm sure everyone interested in this topic will highly appreciate it, if you would share your positive/negative experiences with each one of those 10 robos.

I have found 1 robo trade software it has all the option. using since last 1 year without any issue. frequent update. very good support. Even robo can placed bracket order. Cost is less, bug free.
Note :- I am not promoting any software or website. No link with this website.
Right, they seem like a decent option, I'd talked to their online-support a few days ago, & asked them whether robo offers Mkt Prot facility as well since I'm concerned about pure market orders ending up with big slippage, they said they'll e-mail me about it but haven't done so far. I hope their paid support would be more prompt. Have you noticed any latency issues causing slippage; I'm a breakout-trader, & given that prices can move pretty fast after breakouts, I wouldn't want to end up with big slippages on Equity Futures.

What if they steal/mimic your strategy? Are you using their datafeed or something else?

I think their pricing is a bit on a higher side but so long as their robo is stable & doesn't miss any trades, & if their support is good, then the price might be worth it. I wish they'd offer a free trial, even if it's for 2-3 days.

I like their interface & all of the available options, it looks quite neat but what do you think about the warning screen at around 1:04 in the following video? It's like they are putting all of the responsibility on us, the traders. -

Thanks again for sharing your experience with them.

cloudTrader

I agree. Great!
I don't need backfill, I only need good quality intraday data in the first hour of trading-session. I will not leave the robo unmonitored. My requirement is that, often, I get maybe a dozen signals in the morning & it's not easy to manually put that many orders very quickly, plus, there's room for mistakes in selection of order-parameters as well as forgetting to cancel orders once the signal has failed to trigger, & what not. So, speed & accuracy is the goal.

I thought we could ask them to raise the limit. I remember that whenever I signed up for a new Nest broker, only 50 or so symbols would update in Nest, & every time, I asked each broker to raise the limit to 250, be it Zerodha, TSO or Finvasia, & they did that without any fuss.

Does that utility still work? Is that first post still relevant today or have there been any changes to that software?

Again, I'm confused about this because it seems like all my Nests are able to update many more symbols after requesting the respective brokers since I usually have at least 100 symbols in my watchlists & all of them update. I checked just now, & Zerodha, TSO & Finvasia are allowing me to subscribe to 250, 200 & 250 symbols respectively. I purposely overloaded the watchlist to see how many it will allow me subscribe & then I get this message.

https://ibb.co/1dZmKbS

I agree, which is what's putting me in minds about all of this.

Personally, I don't see why they'd give away a working strategy instead of minting money themselves. I feel that one good thing about the vendor suggested by @iTrade is that he isn't selling any strategies, which to me, makes him seem a little more authentic but that's just my view.

Right, you might have to test various ideas/strategies of your own on Amibroker, in case you don't want to automate your existing discretionary strategy.

Right, I hope so too, especially making them more affordable along with better stability.
The NEST to Amibroker utility by Josh works quite well and I mostly use that for my limited needs. But once I used it for around 40 scrips at once (to test and experience) , that time I faced problems as the backfill took a lot of time . After running the utility for 30 minutes or so the computer started getting slow, followed by Amibroker and then the update of data in Amibroker ,so that made me come to conclusion that the utility would be in a problem if the number of scrips chosen is high.

As per usage of VPS for employing the Josh utility I can't really comment as I have never used VPS.
You are getting 250 scrips in Nest Trader for your Watchlist is really new information for me. So on a VPS can the utility work in a better way for larger number of scrips is a curious question to answer.

Even if we start the utility before the market opens , mostly the utility misses to catch the first tick and therefore the exact high or low values as per NEST are not reflected in our Amibroker charts. This I have tried repeatedly and always it has been like that barring one or two instances.

So basically I open the utility after 1 minute of market open then backfill the data of the first minute through VWAP table method of the utility and then keep the RT utility open for getting RT quotes. However the charts in Amibroker will tend to differ a bit from Nest Trader as in between ticks will miss due to update in Amibroker is as per refresh interval.

I will try some auto trader software only when I finalise some strategy to employ. But yest search is on alongwith the search for setup. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience friends.

Can you guys please suggest some good VPS in the range of Rs 1500 per month or so, for trading use ? There are so many vendors around for VPS, just as is the case with robo trader vendors, very confusing, which one should one go for !

Thanks and regards.

cloudTrader

Thanks for sharing your experience friends.

Can you guys please suggest some good VPS in the range of Rs 1500 per month or so, for trading use ? There are so many vendors around for VPS, just as is the case with robo trader vendors, very confusing, which one should one go for !

Thanks and regards.

In Amazon Web Services there is a 12 month free trial of VPS. You can try that for your needs. The below video suggests the setup of the cloud on AWS

In Amazon Web Services there is a 12 month free trial of VPS. You can try that for your needs. The below video suggests the setup of the cloud on AWS

Thanks for the link @cloudTrader

I have tried AWS and their VPS is very good. The problem that I faced with them, is that if we go for good configuration VPS then we would not like to keep it on 24/7, because in the back of our mind we would know that we are being charged per minute, so we will try to turn it On and Off regularly and that puts pressure on the mind. Whereas in other typical VPS there is just fixed monthly cost and we can keep it running all the time and not bother about turning it On and Off. That is why I am looking for other options that are available in this regards. Otherwise AWS is really good in all other aspects, no doubts about that.

The free tier VPS does not work for me. I need atleast 4 GB RAM or more and around 50 GB HD Space and 4 CPU configuration. If you know about some other vendors then please let us know.

Thanks a lot.

PS: I tried Amazon AWS t2.large Instance, which has 8 GB RAM, 2 CPU etc. and it worked well with multiple trading software running simultaneously during live markets.

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/

Last edited:

ocil

No robo can save you on slippage. I always count slippage when using any system. Because you are using breakout your slippage is always high also you use a market order.
No, they cannot access your afl. Warning screen is nothing just to give alert that robo will fire order auto.
If you are using robo you need reliable RT data with backup data. Even you can place the order manually. See the below screen. No need for Amibroker or any other software.

1553404079263.png

Right, they seem like a decent option, I'd talked to their online-support a few days ago, & asked them whether robo offers Mkt Prot facility as well since I'm concerned about pure market orders ending up with big slippage, they said they'll e-mail me about it but haven't done so far. I hope their paid support would be more prompt. Have you noticed any latency issues causing slippage; I'm a breakout-trader, & given that prices can move pretty fast after breakouts, I wouldn't want to end up with big slippages on Equity Futures.
What if they steal/mimic your strategy? Are you using their datafeed or something else?

I think their pricing is a bit on a higher side but so long as their robo is stable & doesn't miss any trades, & if their support is good, then the price might be worth it. I wish they'd offer a free trial, even if it's for 2-3 days.

I like their interface & all of the available options, it looks quite neat but what do you think about the warning screen at around 1:04 in the following video? It's like they are putting all of the responsibility on us, the traders. -

Thanks again for sharing your experience with them.

iTrade

I would really recommend the robo from automaticbuysell.com I have been using it. It does only the job of placing orders. But read the limitations first like other users have said. Doesn't support equity futures. And only market orders are supported. Ant customization related to order placement based on your strategy is a chargeable service . For example, if you want the stoploss order to be placed after initial entry order, etc. One limitation i found is that you can trade only one segment at a time. Check before. Take a trial to be sure as always.

Last edited: