Anyone have experience with paytm money brokerage service?

Anyone having experience with paytm - please share your experience
Do they give collateral margin against shares?
Do they offer margin trading facility for equity delivery?

How is your overall expereince?

I also have a few questions if anybody is using Paytm:

1) How is their desktop app UI as compared to Zerodha and Upstox? I just hate Upstox UI because it does not show the market depth on same screen while placing orders? A big-big problem while trading in comparatively Illiquid options. Hope that Paytm UI is better. I love Zerodha UI but Out of Money strike restrictions are just too problematic.

2) Do they allow pledging of Direct Mutual Funds (Liquid Funds) for margin?

If somebody is using Groww then please let us know your thoughts about that as well. I basically am looking for a new discount broker with a stable, easy to use and intuitive UI (Like Zerodha) but with no restriction on Out of Money strikes trading.

Last edited:

newtrader101

I once bought a 500 cash back offer for 5000 money recharge on their wallet. Later I realised this money had to be spent only at a particular store outlet. Had to buy unwanted things for 5000 just to get value for my money.

I didnt notice the clause written in very small letters, that too at the bottom.

brokenbull

Paytm is a dubious organisation. I have not used even phone recharge last 2 tears . deleted Paytm app 2 years ago.
Only app with full (door step KYC done by amazon agent ) kyc is Amazon Pay . I confidently cash in amazon pay (mostly when there is a offer to load cash + cash backs)
Freecharge (not full KYC)I load cash & use the same day (sometimes in Relaince Fresh supermarket) other wise use their offers to load small recharge & keep the small cash back amounts in the wallets.
Airtel Money have not touched with a barge pole even though Airtel is my primary no.
For stock brokerage I stick with Industry's best Discount broker -Zerodha.
To trade commodities , Currency cheaply (with out brokerage)& intraday equity trading I have account with Finvasia .That is it.
No Groww ,PayTM for me.

I have not used the Paytm Money brokerage service myself but some of my close friends have used it. I have heard mixed reviews from them. Many are of the viewpoint that there are a lot of different charges like trade charges, depository charges, and other charges. Although the charges in each category are not high, there are a lot of them.

Paytm is a dubious organisation. I have not used even phone recharge last 2 tears . deleted Paytm app 2 years ago.
Only app with full (door step KYC done by amazon agent ) kyc is Amazon Pay . I confidently cash in amazon pay (mostly when there is a offer to load cash + cash backs)
Freecharge (not full KYC)I load cash & use the same day (sometimes in Relaince Fresh supermarket) other wise use their offers to load small recharge & keep the small cash back amounts in the wallets.
Airtel Money have not touched with a barge pole even though Airtel is my primary no.
For stock brokerage I stick with Industry's best Discount broker -Zerodha.
To trade commodities , Currency cheaply (with out brokerage)& intraday equity trading I have account with Finvasia .That is it.
No Groww ,PayTM for me.
Can you please share your experience at groww.in in little detail?

Not reliable at this juncture. Very slow, they have bloated it with a lot of animations. They don't even allow far month option selling. Not user friendly.