anyone earning consistent profits from part time commodity trading

What Percentage of part time commodity traders are earning consistently

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pav

Many members of this forum would not subscribe to my views,but still.. First.trading in shares or commodities is a full time business.In real life,there is no such thing as part time business. To do any business,one should have lot of guts,resources,knowledge ,dedication and patience.Failing in any one of the above will yield negative result.This is applicable in shares and commodities trading.
I happen to be one of the oldest members of this forum and it really pains me to see many new persons wasting time and money by not adhering to basics. To start a small teashop or paan shop ,one needs a few lacs but when it comes to trading in shares and commodities,people want to make millions,investing few thousands and doing part time! This is the main cause for failures.
Just to give an example of my personal one,I have done post graduation in Law with degree in Commerce and MBA in Finance.Trading is my passion and ONLY business right from the day when NSE and MCX opened.I sit before my computer from 8.30 in the morning till 11.30 in the night ,when Commodities market closes.I have invested in infrastructure,like three good computer system,high speed internet,power back up,airconditioned place where concentration can be there.I do not entertain anybody during trading time.No social networking sites,music etc.Do not subscribe to any tip provider.Developed my own strategy and stick to it.With these in place,I make money and no other business excites me more than trading.
So,first like what you are doing and have faith and patience. Success is sure.
Good luck..

Sir , then what is your timetable for rising, sleeping , lunch and dinner and what about your health ?

Regards
pav

Last edited:

ashu1234

Sir , then what is your timetable for rising, sleeping , lunch and dinner and what about your health ?

Regards
pav
I guess he is talking about his passion related to commodities market. And believe me even if one were to follow his routine, health will be all right, 7-8 hours of sleep is enough.

toingpoing

Regards
pav
Dear friend,I take my food in my so called lab,where I do my trading,most of the time.I have an daily target.If I am lucky to attain it,I close down everything for the day and get time for dinner with family..I get up at 6 am and sign off the day at around 11.45.My trading place is just a few blocks from my house,so save time wasted in commuting.Saturday and Sunday I get time for family and friends... Basically its all time management and anybody can do it..:)

toingpoing

I guess he is talking about his passion related to commodities market. And believe me even if one were to follow his routine, health will be all right, 7-8 hours of sleep is enough.
You are absolutely right.Once the bioclock is set,rest everything is easy.Once you start enjoying doing the business,no question of feeling the long session.

toingpoing

Hi Toingpoing

Your views are that of a seasoned trader, would appreciate it,
if you could elaborate on trading strategies and further
guidance from you

Steve
Steve,my suggestion is that you master the art of hedging.Take calender spreads and seperate entry/exit levels for different month contracts.By this,you reducce the risk factor to almost nil and get full leverage on your money.

toingpoing

Dear toingpoing,:clap:

Thanks for your valuable message.Being a senior member why dont you suggest some best strategy for full time traders(equity & commodity).
Become expert in hedging,both for EQ Fno and Commodity.NEVER go for tips providers.Do not sit in a group while trading.Trading is a loners game.Have faith in your decisions.To develop your own strategy,it takes time but its really worth it.And...stay away from social networking sites!!