anyone earning consistent profits from part time commodity trading

What Percentage of part time commodity traders are earning consistently

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sangram1705

After going through the forum, I found 2 indicators to be very useful for taking decisions buy/sell.
1) MACD
2) EMA
Can someone throw some light on the advantages & disadvantages of using the buy sell signals generated from above indicators. Like what advantage the MACD crossover has over EMA.

My question may be silly. still any help from seniors & friends will be appreciated.

yes sir,
Timing is very important. One has to identify those timing slots. A few I have identified:
1) NG timing (19:58hrs thurs)
2) crude (19:58 hrs wednesday)

Can u give some more inputs.
Regards
As a trader, we look for opportunities based on certain variables in the market. These variables need to be well behaved and devoid of market hysteria. I personally never trade around events, which are like a toss of coin not for the reason that it can not be a strategy but for the reason that my risk management is compromised around such events.
Lets say you enter NG long before inventory data with 1 percent stop order. So your plan is to be out at a max loss of 1 percent, which is a certain variable. What if the news push the NG gapping down by say 3 percent (very common), you stop order would be converted to market and you would be filled at a worst price than ever imagined. So your risk management tool is compromised. The worst: that you were right in direction and after hitting you it comes back.
As an analogy, would you like to cross the river exactly when the tide is high or you would wait for a calmer phase so that you can plan carefully and any streak of unfortunate events are not present.
In a calmer and evenly flowing market your risk management is as you have decided and not based on a flip of a coin.

my two cents
regards

Last edited:

sangram1705

thank you for your guidance.
Definitely there is a possibility of 3% movement against the direction of your trade. stillwhen one has created a hedge position, other leg would be in profit.
worst case scenario would be when there will be extreme volatility & both stops get trigerred & get filled at 3%..

Such extreme movements would be 1 in 100 possibility. worst case scenario would be waste of time, brokerage & slippages.

Sorry to differ from your views (but i am not an expert). whatever little I have learnt is from traderji & my own observation.

criticism is welcome

sangram1705

After going through the forum, I found 2 indicators to be very useful for taking decisions buy/sell.
1) MACD
2) EMA
Can someone throw some light on the advantages & disadvantages of using the buy sell signals generated from above indicators. Like what advantage the MACD crossover has over EMA.

My question may be silly. still any help from seniors & friends will be appreciated.
any updates on this. is there any thread in this forum or any books in indian market

fxgood

Made 50% in a month approx in off exchange traded CFD Comex Traded account, if need live proof , contact me via PM for read only access to funds my trader managing and i can't give out direct password of account and need ammy admin or team viewer to punch password on Metatrader for those interested to view directly my trader trading action.

10000 $ deposited last month 19th now standing at 14500 $ approx

toingpoing

Many members of this forum would not subscribe to my views,but still.. First.trading in shares or commodities is a full time business.In real life,there is no such thing as part time business. To do any business,one should have lot of guts,resources,knowledge ,dedication and patience.Failing in any one of the above will yield negative result.This is applicable in shares and commodities trading.
I happen to be one of the oldest members of this forum and it really pains me to see many new persons wasting time and money by not adhering to basics. To start a small teashop or paan shop ,one needs a few lacs but when it comes to trading in shares and commodities,people want to make millions,investing few thousands and doing part time! This is the main cause for failures.
Just to give an example of my personal one,I have done post graduation in Law with degree in Commerce and MBA in Finance.Trading is my passion and ONLY business right from the day when NSE and MCX opened.I sit before my computer from 8.30 in the morning till 11.30 in the night ,when Commodities market closes.I have invested in infrastructure,like three good computer system,high speed internet,power back up,airconditioned place where concentration can be there.I do not entertain anybody during trading time.No social networking sites,music etc.Do not subscribe to any tip provider.Developed my own strategy and stick to it.With these in place,I make money and no other business excites me more than trading.
So,first like what you are doing and have faith and patience. Success is sure.
Good luck..

Steve

Many members of this forum would not subscribe to my views,but still.. First.trading in shares or commodities is a full time business.In real life,there is no such thing as part time business. To do any business,one should have lot of guts,resources,knowledge ,dedication and patience.Failing in any one of the above will yield negative result.This is applicable in shares and commodities trading.
I happen to be one of the oldest members of this forum and it really pains me to see many new persons wasting time and money by not adhering to basics. To start a small teashop or paan shop ,one needs a few lacs but when it comes to trading in shares and commodities,people want to make millions,investing few thousands and doing part time! This is the main cause for failures.
Just to give an example of my personal one,I have done post graduation in Law with degree in Commerce and MBA in Finance.Trading is my passion and ONLY business right from the day when NSE and MCX opened.I sit before my computer from 8.30 in the morning till 11.30 in the night ,when Commodities market closes.I have invested in infrastructure,like three good computer system,high speed internet,power back up,airconditioned place where concentration can be there.I do not entertain anybody during trading time.No social networking sites,music etc.Do not subscribe to any tip provider.Developed my own strategy and stick to it.With these in place,I make money and no other business excites me more than trading.
Good luck..
Hi Toingpoing

Your views are that of a seasoned trader, would appreciate it,
if you could elaborate on trading strategies and further
guidance from you

Steve

ashu1234

Good luck..
Exactly, seems like my very own word if I would have commented. Really no shortcuts, its full time business, market can move anytime and you have to be there to engage and make money, no easy to win time slots it can reward you anytime and can punish you for trading at time when you think its very easy. To get hold of any move you need to be in the right set of mind patiently waiting for the right moment which can only be done in the best way by the things you mentioned.

thank you for your guidance.
Definitely there is a possibility of 3% movement against the direction of your trade. stillwhen one has created a hedge position, other leg would be in profit.
worst case scenario would be when there will be extreme volatility & both stops get trigerred & get filled at 3%..

Such extreme movements would be 1 in 100 possibility. worst case scenario would be waste of time, brokerage & slippages.

Sorry to differ from your views (but i am not an expert). whatever little I have learnt is from traderji & my own observation.

criticism is welcome
Well if we are talking spreads here, in my opinion its very difficult to make money. The ideal spreads (for me) involves through options, which unfortunately is not available yet.
Spreads involving futures would lack directional gains and probable gain through converging/diverging of prices is really difficult to strategise here.
Anyway my only suggestion would be to take your time and learn the curve. The battle need to be won INSIDE.
cheers:)