Anybody Using Gprs

Dear Suhas,
General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) is provided by GSM Service providers like Airtel, Hutch , Idea and MTNL. Your question regarding speed can best be answered by the service providers depending on where you are located. Call up their helplines and also ask them for demonstrations....
Jaspal

coljaspal said:
Dear Suhas,
General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) is provided by GSM Service providers like Airtel, Hutch , Idea and MTNL. Your question regarding speed can best be answered by the service providers depending on where you are located. Call up their helplines and also ask them for demonstrations....
Jaspal
Thanks coljaspal.

i am using bpl gprs service on my phone, the speed is ok for a phone i guess arround 2k per sec, they charge 50rs per month for the service

Hi there,

I was using airtel gprs mobile office in bangalore. It is a 43 kbps connection with dwnld speeds of <1kb to a max of 5kbps. The average speed was about 2kbps. If you have loads n loads of patience you can opt for this. Except for chatting everything else is s....l......o........w..... Since your have posted this on the forum i would tell you it takes a few minutes to open a webpage of moneycontrol.com. I tried intraday trading with this connection and the results were disastrous. Check out reliance connectivity on rim forum.

vravikiran said:
Hi there,

I was using airtel gprs mobile office in bangalore. It is a 43 kbps connection with dwnld speeds of <1kb to a max of 5kbps. The average speed was about 2kbps. If you have loads n loads of patience you can opt for this. Except for chatting everything else is s....l......o........w..... Since your have posted this on the forum i would tell you it takes a few minutes to open a webpage of moneycontrol.com. I tried intraday trading with this connection and the results were disastrous. Check out reliance connectivity on rim forum.
THANKS FOR GUIDANCE.

hi,
for the charges u need 2 call the service providers...there r 2 versions of GPRS one is wap and 2nd is advanced..speeds in both of the services vary..........but the advanced is better.