AnyBody Practising Taichi

raynor

Anybody practising taichi.. many people says it is good for health.. if you are practising it kindly share your experience

mastermind007

Anybody practising taichi.. many people says it is good for health.. if you are practising it kindly share your experience
What on earth is this Taichi?

mastermind007

I know a Friend who Practices ChaiChi, i mean whenever someone offers her Chai , she squeaks --> "cheee i don't drink Chai".:)
In my office, we used to have Taicha as in "Tai, Chai geyun yaa patkan!"

DSM

O.k.. Confession time. Due to my interest in Zen philosophy and meditation, I had in the past taken Tai Chi Classes conducted by a Chinese Master for about 4 months. The people are generally not aware that many of the martial arts originated in the 'forms' of Tai Chi - though I don't consider it as direct fighting style - as the purpose of Tai Chi is different than fighting. If one is looking to learn Tai Chi, it should not be for the purpose of fighting or self defense, though it will help. Judo, Karate are better forms of self defense as these are direct techniques that one can apply in a fight.

Tai Chi, is actually a VERY SLOW and GRACEFUL BODY MOVEMENT that is USED TO RELAX THE BODY AND STILL THE MIND. It has also health benefits and to bring the mind-body into awareness and into the present. The essence of Tai Chi is to get the mind and the body in a state of relaxed awareness and in synchronicity. As the body moves slowly, the mind is also clamed down as the focus shifts on the gentle and graceful movements of the forms which has poise and balance. (The student may not be aware of it, but the Master will note and correct subtle imbalances of placement of hands, legs, gestures etc) And it takes months of practice to even get the simple steps right - because the aim is for perfection of technique, which the Masters would have spent years or decades learning.....

The reason though I had to discontinued my learning Tai Chi was that the batch was not structured in the sense that there were only a few students. And then every week or two some new students would join, and our Master would be spending more time teaching the new comers the basics which we had learnt 2-3-4 months back. Besides this, there was constraints of time.... The Master however as I know, is no longer conducing classes..... And there are only a very few known good practitioners of this art, and the ones who teach, charge quite a lot.

A videos of actual WU style Tai Chi that I had learnt :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh3RM1mvzeE

shirajroz

In my office, we used to have Taicha as in "Tai, Chai geyun yaa patkan!"
Nothing can Beat a Well Brewed Ch:)i.

Tai Chi, is actually a VERY SLOW and GRACEFUL BODY MOVEMENT that is USED TO RELAX THE BODY AND STILL THE MIND. It has also health benefits and to bring the mind-body into awareness and into the present. The essence of Tai Chi is to get the mind and the body in a state of relaxed awareness and in synchronicity. As the body moves slowly, the mind is also clamed down as the focus shifts on the gentle and graceful movements of the forms which has poise and balance. (The student may not be aware of it, but the Master will note and correct subtle imbalances of placement of hands, legs, gestures etc) And it takes months of practice to even get the simple steps right - because the aim is for perfection of technique, which the Masters would have spent years or decades learning.....
Sir,
I hve always ENVIED those Slow Motion Dance Steps by CrocRoaz and he prabably practices TaiChi --as v r all aware dat a deliberate slow movement of our limbs is the toughest to sustain.

Thnks n Rgrds
--ShiraJ--