Anybody into blogging?

murthymsr

gvnarendra said:
You can also download feed reader from http://www.feedreader.com/ .....
Further to my earlier post on this topic, i have also used feedreader quoted above.

i find the feedreader has more features. i will be migrating to feedreader soon. The only point is that feedreader uses 3.2 MB of RAM as against 1.9 MB by Abilon.

Thanks to gvnarendra for the info.

murthymsr

Quote from the forum help file
"The administrator may have enabled RSS syndication...."
Unquote

Mai i appeal to the administrator to look into if the RSS feature can be enabled. At least this feature may be enabled for members, who can log in and get the headings of the latest posts.

I request the senior members to express their views on the benifits of enabling the 'RSS syndication'.

murthymsr

murthymsr said:
Quote from the forum help file
"The administrator may have enabled RSS syndication...."
Unquote

Mai i appeal to the administrator to look into if the RSS feature can be enabled. At least this feature may be enabled for members, who can log in and get the headings of the latest posts.

I request the senior members to express their views on the benifits of enabling the 'RSS syndication'.

murthymsr
That would be excellent. Traderji could you please see if you can enable RSS for the forums? Anyidea how this works? Would we be able to subscribe to individual threads or "newposts" etc? If this is possible it would be really great!!!

--SwingTrader

Linus

Thanks a lot, swingtrader. Traderji is truly great. I know that RSS stands for Really simple sindicate and I have a vague idea that you can collect latest updated information from several websites without loading their entire web page. However, I want to know the functional part- kindly let me know how exactly is this RSS installed- I mean if you could tell me step by step, I would be very greatful. Let us know exactly how to link to the sites you mentioned and if there is anything different for blogs, do let me know.

Do you need a firewall protection definitely for things like blogging. How is Firewall different from Norton anti-virus. I am hazy on all this. Shall greatly appreciate if you could let me know. Thanks again

Are you from Delhi by any chance?
Dear Sh50:
Here is the one that I have been following:

http://stockmarkettrendanalysis.blogspot.com/

Regarding the RSS readers, I have used FeedReader or Mozilla Thunderbird. Both are great but I prefer Thunderbird.

Regards,

rt