Anybody following turtle rules?

krist

Hi,
I want to know if anybody is following Turtle Rules.
I am a novice and would be obliged if some senior shares his experience.
Regards.

SwingKing

Hi,
I want to know if anybody is following Turtle Rules.
I am a novice and would be obliged if some senior shares his experience.
Regards.
Krist,

I think at some level, we all follow Turtle Rules. Turtle rules are nothing but set of rules based on writings of Richard Donchian. All those who trade breakouts are at some level trading the Turtle rules.

However, the main entry/exit rules are not that important. The kind of SL's, position sizing techniques and diversification that they used is something which can help many traders. In my opinion, don't follow turtle rules till you have a large account but certainly add some portions of their system to your trading plan. This will help you more.

Tc

if you follow the turtle rules you will lose money the method is outdated. Ricahrd dennis himself towards the end lost most of his money and was forced to shut down his managed futures company. Then after a sabbatical of a few years he re-entered the markets with a different strategy but has'nt done very well. In fact he gave an interview in TASC or futures truth were he said he no longer uses the methods he used in 1983. The turtle story is not about the system but more about the concept of how ordinary people can successfully learn to trade and therefore will remain relevent for many years to come.