Any technical Indicator to find whether trend is sideways?

columbus

That is a Nice thread Columbus.
Unfortunately, the link that u posted is taking to last post on the thread which doesn't have any stuff.
But I clicked on first and saw first few posts there.. They are really good.

thanks for sharing hidden gems of TJ here.

Happy Trading
Hi AW10,
Thanks.I started the thread somewhere in SEP'08 and it is not active now.
In my first post again there is a "link" which we take to another website.
There you will find many useful tools ,of course ,many such websites are
found on internet.

trader.trends

A sideway movement is when market is trading in a range. Come to think of it, market is always in a sideway movement as it is always trading in the range between life time high and life time low.:lol::lol:

Seriously, Why do we even need an indicator to tell us that it is in sideways? One look at a chart of price action will tell us in a given TF whether it is sideways or trending (up/down).

alroyraj

A sideway movement is when market is trading in a range. Come to think of it, market is always in a sideway movement as it is always trading in the range between life time high and life time low.:lol::lol:

Seriously, Why do we even need an indicator to tell us that it is in sideways? One look at a chart of price action will tell us in a given TF whether it is sideways or trending (up/down).
I was considering the same issues and was checking the functionality of various indicators.
Firstly consider the various states a maket can be in: Rangebound, trending or zigzag. When rangebound can be combined with breakdown or breakout you know what risk there is trading.
Basically I have found a few of these indicators.
Ease of movement<0 for sideways market .Also ATR is flat or in a range.
For trending, EOM>0 and ATR has a slope.
Please note that the market may shift from rangebound or sideways into a breakout or breakdown or into a strong trending direction.
Our prerogative is to assess not pre-meditate the markets. :thumb:

alroyraj

Hi AW10,
Thanks.I started the thread somewhere in SEP'08 and it is not active now.
In my first post again there is a "link" which we take to another website.
There you will find many useful tools ,of course ,many such websites are
found on internet.
Good of you to bring to our knowledge this thread, learned a few good things now. So many excellent threads are buried that one has to search by member name otherwise .Though some say that putting ones thread in signature is iffy i think if any good is done in previous threads that help othere it is commendable to remind the others having the same prev discussed doubts. :clap: :thumb: All thanks to Columbus. the Bollinger Band thread is a gem.:clapping:

Everyday I am getting amazed by the vast level of knowledge, embedded, here in Traderji.

Wish, I could learn all of it....

Learning, bits by bits, everyday.

hats off to all the Master Traders, and all the fellow traders.

Hi everyone. I'm intraday trader since 5 years I have studied so many strategy among which I'm posting a simple system for intraday and positional

Rules are simple.. all three indicators should match

Note: These three indicator are very good to use :thumb:

Attachments

Last edited:

ayush2020

Hi everyone. I'm intraday trader since 5 years I have studied so many strategy among which I'm posting a simple system for intraday and positional

Rules are simple.. all three indicators should match

Note: These three indicator are very good to use :thumb:
what r these indicators ??

Yes, even I've managed to acquire it thru my 'insider contacts'. He's told me to keep my mouth shut about this indicator. And I spent a hefty amount for his 'chai/pani'. But it's really amazing - I don't believe my eyes and everyday, I'm getting bored pulling out soo much of money that it's just aamazing and it's as easy as 1-2-3 !! When the market is sideways, there's no signal.[See the black Up & Down arrows]. When a new mega trend is about to start, there is BooOOooM !!

Shhhh, don't leak this screenshot anywhere else. Please keep it to yourself.
Does anyone have this indicator's information yet ?

Thanks in advance.