Any free EOD or intraday futures/options data

Hi.
Does anyone know if there's any free EOD & Intraday data available on the Internet?
If possible, I need index, currency & commodities futures/options all over the world.
For index, I mostly need DJ, S&P500, Nikkei, KOSPI, MSCI Taiwan
For currency, Australian, British, Canadian, Japanese, Swiss, Euro.
For commodities, gold & crude oil
It could be Metastock or ASCII format.

I know it might be difficult to get all of them free of charge.
It doesn't matter if I can't get all of them. I just ask in case. :rolleyes:

I have MLDownloader.
I'm not sure if I can download these data from free sources by this program.
Currently I just know how to donwload stock info from Yahoo through MLDownloader.

Thanks a lot.:)

Hello Wi Wi ---
I feel sad---that ur post seem to have not caught the eyes of the seniors--
I myself do not have much knowledge of the International market---There r a few threads by Nautilus and some other seniors-----Which will give u insight to FOREX and Commodities trading---Medved Quote traker can be used to get intraday data---of different international markets ---though the data available is a bit late--
I urge other seniors---to take out a bit of their time and come forward ---and be kind enough to clarify Wai Wais queries---
Regards,
joy_mitali

joy_mitali said:
Hello Wi Wi ---
I feel sad---that ur post seem to have not caught the eyes of the seniors--
I myself do not have much knowledge of the International market---There r a few threads by Nautilus and some other seniors-----Which will give u insight to FOREX and Commodities trading---Medved Quote traker can be used to get intraday data---of different international markets ---though the data available is a bit late--
I urge other seniors---to take out a bit of their time and come forward ---and be kind enough to clarify Wai Wais queries---
Regards,
joy_mitali
Thanks, dude! :D
It doesn't matter if it is delayed since I need the data for analysis only (NOT for trade).
If I need to trade, I will order real-time data (but I think there's no such thing as free real-time data, right?)
After all, thanks so much for your reply.

As to Medved Quote tracker, do you know how I can export the data as either text or Metastock format?
I need to put them in my software for analysis.
Thanks!

Wai_Wai said:
As to Medved Quote tracker, do you know how I can export the data as either text or Metastock format?
I need to put them in my software for analysis.
Thanks!
try this....

QuoteTracker

Fcharts now supports intraday charting. You can import intraday data, or collect it automatically from a data source.

Intraday sources are Quotetracker, Marketcast, any DDE source (E.g. Metatrader) and fields from any Excel spreadsheet (even one which updates itself from a DDE source)

There is preliminary support for QCollector (which feeds intraday data from Quote.com) http://www.mechtrading.com. The problem is, I don't have a quote.com subscription to test the link, and the QCollector people don't have time to test my program. If you're using QCollector, please let me know.

Quotetracker downloads prices from your broker over the internet, and works with data from many countries. Marketcast is a hardware/software combination for Australia and New Zealand. With Quotetracker, if you can't get data support from your broker, you can't use live prices. (You can still use delayed quotes - Quotetracker has data sources which you can register for, which give you 20-minute delayed prices)

How to enable QuoteTracker for FCharts usage:

NOTE: You no longer have to edit the Quotetracker INI file manually, there's now an option 'Enable HTTP server' on the Preferences/Misc tab in Quotetracker. Just tick the 'On' option, and leave the port setting at 16239.

You MUST click on some adverts to test the Quote Server. Of course, if you're going to use QT regularly, you ought to register it - Medved will welcome your support, and paying for software encourages future development.

Once you've installed Quotetracker and have it running, you have to add the stocks you want to track into the QuoteTracker watch list.

Run F-Charts. Click the INTRADAY button on the main screen and a little form will pop up. Click START, and watch. If you see 'Error' then either you're not running QT or you didn't click enough adverts. Otherwise you should see a time followed by OK.

Now, leave that form alone and return to the main chart window. Pick a stock which you know you added to QuoteTracker's watch list. Change the 'Daily' drop-down to 'Intra-day' and sit back and wait. Every 20 seconds or so the chart windows will refresh, hopefully showing prices. I use candlesticks - you can use anything you like. Please bear in mind that it will take about 10-20 prices before most of the indicators 'kick in', depending on the periods you have chosen for them. (You can change this 20 second interval by altering the FCharts.ini file - the setting is TIMER2INTERVAL and the value is in milliseconds, so the default is 20000. Don't go below about 5000 - 5 seconds - unless you have a fast computer, and stay above 2000 as an absolute minimum, to give the program time to import and update between refreshes.)

If you get nothing after a few minutes you can test the QT server by opening your internet browser and pasting

http://127.0.0.1:16239/req?getLastQuote(*)

into the URL field. When you press ENTER you should see some data. If nothing comes up, it's QT at fault.

You can also enter an hour / minute offset on the Live form. This will allow you to set up a timezone difference from QT's internal time. (Setting a time offset within QT has no effect on the data feed time, which is set to US Pacific)

Note for Windows 2000 / Windows XP users. If the connection doesn't work, you can edit the qthost.ini file in the FCharts program path and change '127.0.0.1' to 'localhost'

You can enter a 'delay' on the Live Prices form. This delay can be anything from 1 to 60 seconds. It won't make the main chart update any faster, but it'll scan the quotetracker interface at the interval you specify.

On the Settings form you can specify a time cutoff for intraday charts, e.g. only display prices between 10:00 and 17:00.

How to get Forex, Futures, CFD data via Metatrader (www.metaquotes.net):

Download MetaTrader
Enable dde link in MetaTrader tools,options.
Open FCPro, Select Intraday and set to DDE link
Format........ Source!command!ticker
Command....... Bid
Write every...... your choice

DDE Source field should be MT, I believe.

****this is help text from Fcharts*******

it worked for me...

Satya

srisara said:
try this....

QuoteTracker

Fcharts now supports intraday charting. You can import intraday data, or collect it automatically from a data source.

Intraday sources are Quotetracker, Marketcast, any DDE source (E.g. Metatrader) and fields from any Excel spreadsheet (even one which updates itself from a DDE source)

<snip>

DDE Source field should be MT, I believe.

****this is help text from Fcharts*******

it worked for me...

Satya
I'm still digesting your post.
Here's a few questions.

1) You mentioned "QuoteTracker". I think it refers to "Medved QuoteTracker", right?

2) Is "QCollector" freeware? If not, how much?

3)
>...QCollector people don't have time to test my program...
What program do you have?
Is there any link to your program?
When I get QCollector, I may be able to help.

4) From what you describe, it seems I can even get intraday data for free. But are the intraday data provided by the above 3 places reliable?

Thanks so much for your help!

Last edited:
my dear frieds Wai Wai,

yes, i am refering to Medved Quote Tracker.

As said before, I have pasted the text from Fcharts ( www.spacejock.com) software. there he has given how you can run Medved QT and extract intra-days quotes into text file using a built in http server config of QT.

other than that i never tired any other options, you are free to explore if any.
Satya

Dear srisara,
There're 2 versions of FChart - SE or Pro.
Which one can do the "extract" function?

And do you know if there any program which can convert txt into Metastock, or vice versa?

Thank you, pal!