Any broker who is particularly good in giving good charts ?

oping

Hi,
I am Rakesh from Bangalore.

I have been trading forex from past year and it has been successful. I trade on MT$ platform with ibfx has my broker. As the result I am hooked to good quality charts and tools for technical analysis.
Since I was fairly successful in Forex ,I decided to trade equity and commodity futures.

So I just opened an account at Karvy recently and was terribly dissappointed as there was ZERO SUPPORT for technical analysis. No candlestick charting is available, only the basic line chart is available. Karvy just gives me the intraday charts and no historical charts for finding support and resistance :(
No stochastics ,no moving averages, no nothing !!!

So i request respected traders of this forum to kindly suggest me a broker for equities, equity derivatives and commodity futures who gives me full support for technical analysis and the required tools and also candlestick charts with different time frames.... daily charts, hourly charts , 5 min charts .

This help would mean a lot to me and hence I kindly request those who know about this to reply . I would really be grateful !

Hi,
I am Rakesh from Bangalore.

I have been trading forex from past year and it has been successful. I trade on MT$ platform with ibfx has my broker. As the result I am hooked to good quality charts and tools for technical analysis.
Since I was fairly successful in Forex ,I decided to trade equity and commodity futures.

So I just opened an account at Karvy recently and was terribly dissappointed as there was ZERO SUPPORT for technical analysis. No candlestick charting is available, only the basic line chart is available. Karvy just gives me the intraday charts and no historical charts for finding support and resistance :(
No stochastics ,no moving averages, no nothing !!!

So i request respected traders of this forum to kindly suggest me a broker for equities, equity derivatives and commodity futures who gives me full support for technical analysis and the required tools and also candlestick charts with different time frames.... daily charts, hourly charts , 5 min charts .

This help would mean a lot to me and hence I kindly request those who know about this to reply . I would really be grateful !
Very difficult to compare the charting facilities available with those of InterbankFX on MT4. Actually charting for equities and spot indices would be available with a few brokers however do not try to chart futures (equity or commodity) due to a lower life span thus broken charts. What i do is this.

1. equity chart with sharekhan, good enough for intraday or historical.
2. Commodity charts on international plateforms as on indian exchanges prices are derived from international quotes. There u can look for ninza trader or openecry.com
3. equity futures charts. no use for me as prices are only a derivative of underlying equities.
Hope that helps

oping

thanks a lot !

But I didnt understand ur second point . What do u mean by ....
Commodity charts on international plateforms as on indian exchanges prices are derived from international quotes.

Infact I just saw some charts in commodityindia.com . You are right. Very few charts are continuous . For some data is not available. In many others, certain parts are missing ...like broken.

In such a scenario how do other traders trade commodities ?

D

darkstar

Very difficult to compare the charting facilities available with those of InterbankFX on MT4. Actually charting for equities and spot indices would be available with a few brokers however do not try to chart futures (equity or commodity) due to a lower life span thus broken charts. What i do is this.

1. equity chart with sharekhan, good enough for intraday or historical.
2. Commodity charts on international plateforms as on indian exchanges prices are derived from international quotes. There u can look for ninza trader or openecry.com
3. equity futures charts. no use for me as prices are only a derivative of underlying equities.
Hope that helps
hello sir , good evening . i am equity trader, and starting commodity, forex from religare .i heard also from you about ninja trader is it absolute free after registration or its'n trial period only .also mention its ability, quality how it gave help to indian trader for mcx. ncdex . pls ans my querry.
i will really oblized sir.
thanks

thanks a lot !

But I didnt understand ur second point . What do u mean by ....

Infact I just saw some charts in commodityindia.com . You are right. Very few charts are continuous . For some data is not available. In many others, certain parts are missing ...like broken.

In such a scenario how do other traders trade commodities ?
Well this is how i trade them.
I monitor base metals, precious metals and energies. So what i do i monitor their spot prices on plateforms offered by international brokers say gcitrading, openecry.com and a lot more. i monitor their charts there along ith the scene for USDINR and place trade accordingly. So when i m placing a buy in say copper the decision is not on the basis of prices in MCX but the prices on international market and USDINR scene.
Hope that helps

hello sir , good evening . i am equity trader, and starting commodity, forex from religare .i heard also from you about ninja trader is it absolute free after registration or its'n trial period only .also mention its ability, quality how it gave help to indian trader for mcx. ncdex . pls ans my querry.
i will really oblized sir.
thanks
Seein trial period its absolutely free however if u seriously want to use it i suggest u to open a live account with USD 2000 initially and later withdraw the funds. That way account remain live without blocking ur capital. U may also try the plateform offered by Lind-waldock.com where u can continue to use ur trial infintly after paying a fee of USD 15 per month. Open ecry.com is also a good one.
Regarding how it helps me in trading on MCX is through availability of spot charting on these plateform.
Just refer to my earlier post in this thread itself for a bit more info.
Thnx

oping

Well this is how i trade them.
I monitor base metals, precious metals and energies. So what i do i monitor their spot prices on plateforms offered by international brokers say gcitrading, openecry.com and a lot more. i monitor their charts there along ith the scene for USDINR and place trade accordingly. So when i m placing a buy in say copper the decision is not on the basis of prices in MCX but the prices on international market and USDINR scene.
Hope that helps
thanx again for ur fast reply !

though i understand what ur sayin.. it seems a little risky. Doesnt supply and demand within India affect Indian prices .. I dont mean to offend u , but dont u think ur method ignores this factor ? ( Though ur method is the only proper way to trade Indian commodities through technical analysis ) .

Mangafreakz

@Oping Sir
As you are from India , can u answer 2 queries about forex trading , if you dont mind .
1. What broker you are using and prefer?
2. If you are depositing/withdrawing funds from India , what is your mode of Fund transfer?
Thank you.

oping

actually I traded for a couple of foreign clients who deposited their money in dollars in ibfx. and yes I am from India.

If u wanna start trading forex ( i.e eur/usd, aud/usd etc ) u can open a bank account in US and then transfer money to ur broker . Withdrawing and depositing money can be done with bank wiring i.e direct transfer of money from ur Indian bank account to US bank account through Internet banking .

Indian brokers have started forex trading too, but those are only INR pairs ( USD/INR,EUR/INR etc )

Mangafreakz

actually I traded for a couple of foreign clients who deposited their money in dollars in ibfx. and yes I am from India.

If u wanna start trading forex ( i.e eur/usd, aud/usd etc ) u can open a bank account in US and then transfer money to ur broker . Withdrawing and depositing money can be done with bank wiring i.e direct transfer of money from ur Indian bank account to US bank account through Internet banking .

Indian brokers have started forex trading too, but those are only INR pairs ( USD/INR,EUR/INR etc )
You had to Visit US I guess for opening Bank acc there or you NRI ?
Dont mind please if my question sounds noobish :) Thank you.

Last edited: