any better service provider, than ICICIdirect?

How can they afford to deprive investor in this manner? I have decided to move on to KOTAK. There desktop software looks good and gives feature that resemble beoker terminal.

ICICIDirect is a brokerage which is handling too much beyond their capacity which means that now they think they have only one way to go and that is up. They are least bothered about the way they treat existing customers the reason being that if 1 customer exits there are 20 to enter. Existing customers who have faced monetery loss due to their inefficient service have the following options:

1. Stop dealing with ICICIDirect and close the account
2. Write to SEBI which in any case will be time consuming
3. Go to consumer court which is time consuming and expensive
4. or if proof is there about their service and the loss you have incurred, write to newspapers - NO COMPANY WOULD LIKE BAD ADVERTISEMENT

In my opinion, the 4th option is the best, if luck favours you the editor might publish your letter and ICICIDirect are bound to notice. This is from personal experience.

It will be good if we get feedback from anybody using KotakStreet already.
What is the annual fee?
Comparison of features between ICICIDirect and KotakStreet?

-Narendra

Narendra
OPENING TRADING A/C , DEMAT A/C(MARGIN) ,STAMP PAPER CHARGES ==== 550/=
A/C MTCE. CHARGES 360/= pa. (RAISED FROM 240/= pa.)
BROKERAGE :-
0.59%-------DELIVERY
0.06%-------INTRADAY

nn0023 said:
Narendra
OPENING TRADING A/C , DEMAT A/C(MARGIN) ,STAMP PAPER CHARGES ==== 550/=
A/C MTCE. CHARGES 360/= pa. (RAISED FROM 240/= pa.)
BROKERAGE :-
0.59%-------DELIVERY
0.06%-------INTRADAY
Is this of Kotak Street?
This is costlier compared to ICICIDirect.com!!

What about the features comparison?

-Narendra

I suggest anyone having ICICIDirect not to operate the online trading a/c for sometime till they correct all the problems of the server they are using. In an attempt to mitigate the problems, it's technical team seems to be resorting to quick fixes. For example, they allow you to see pages from CACHE, where by the system will show you the same content that you have accssed last time (they think it is better than not showing anything or showing a vague Java error, and they think they can avoid complaints from the subscribers).

Or, if you must access the online a/c, I suggest you do a REFRESH each page (Portfolio, Demat Alloaction, Security Project, and anything) after you get the page for the first time.

Today I accessed the site, they added a DISCLAIMER sort of thing (to say, "You have been warned!") which goes like this:

We had a major system upgradation and you may face occasional problems while trading. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would be able to restore it to full efficiency latest by July 31st.
I interpret this as they donot have things in their control.

dear member
5paisa is good with both BSE & NSE on the same screen. Quite fast too and he was palning to give commodetys as well on one screen

regards

mintu