Anti-Virus suggestion :

DSM

After my hard drive crashed, I got part of the data restored, and installed Quick Heal Anti-virus. The problem however is that I find Quick Heal to be intrusive. I will let it run till the licence expires, but need suggestion for another anti-virus software (paid or free) for another laptop that I have got to use as a back up.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks in advance. :thumb:

DSM

Thanks Pakatil,

Will check it out.... Hopefully the experience will be better than with quickheal. :thumb:

I have been using Kaspersky Internet Security since 6 - 8 Years. Have never had any problems.

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
i am using avast free version, it is a goo AV. using since last 3-4 years.

I am using 2 systems, one desktop and other laptop. In laptop I am using Microsoft Security Essentials and in desktop using Avast free antivirus, since last few years.

There are 2 more systems used by other members of the family, have AVG free in one and Norton Antivirus in other (this one is paid one) since last few years.

But now a days, even paid ones are within range, about 1K or so for an year, so one can go for it as well. Sometimes these AV companies also give giveaways for a period of 3, 6 or 12 months, so you can look for these as well.

Currently available giveaways are BitDefender Internet Security 2016 Free 6 Months License Key (time left less than 5 months) and Bitdefender Total Security 2016 Free 6 Months Serial License Key.

DSM

Thank you Copypasteaee and Kaalchakrasamay. Appreciate your inputs. So three suggestions are :

1. Kaspersky Internet Security
2. Avast
3. BitDefender

Now will compare the pros and cons among these before I decide..... Thanks again guys. :thumb:

Thank you Copypasteaee and Kaalchakrasamay. Appreciate your inputs. So three suggestions are :

1. Kaspersky Internet Security
2. Avast
3. BitDefender

Now will compare the pros and cons among these before I decide..... Thanks again guys. :thumb:
Add "Trend Micro" to it.

In short: I have tested all of them in the recent past on different OS and all are fine. If you go for a pure free version in the long run and not just for a pure free test run, then AVG is the one to choose.

Depending what else you run in any of your OS, then some other programs you may have to uninstall as they not will go on with other, certain anti virus programs.